The Akubra Project is a new effort to provide a pluggable file storage interface that can be adapted to almost any storage subsystem. Akubra supports both ordinary and transactional storage systems, but makes simplifying assumptions in order to achieve a high level of interoperability between storage systems:
- a Blob is a finite-length bitstream with an id (a URI)
- a Blob Store is primarily concerned with providing read/write access to blobs.
On this page:
- March 3rd, 2012 - Akubra 0.4.0 released. This release updates all runtime and test dependencies to their most recent versions. Implementations designed for 0.3.x should continue to work with 0.4.0 using the prior versions of these libraries as well. The following tracker items were addressed by this release:
- March 1st, 2012 - Akubra 0.3.1 released. This release fixes the following bugs with the akubra-fs implementation:
- March 13th, 2010 - Akubra 0.3 released. This release has no core API changes, but several important improvements:
- November 27th, 2009 - Akubra 0.2 released. This release:
- Uses the latest version of Derby for the akubra-txn implementation
- Repackages the Akubra classes under org.akubraproject
- April 30th, 2009 - Akubra 0.1 released.
Latest Downloads & Javadocs
- Core API
- Base Implementations
- Layering Implementations
- akubra-map-0.4.0.jar- Wraps an existing BlobStore to provide a blob id mapping layer [javadocs]
- akubra-mux-0.4.0.jar - Provides a unified view over any number of backing stores [javadocs]
- akubra-qsc-0.4.0.jar - Provides quiescing capability to a BlobStore [javadocs]
- akubra-rmi-0.4.0.jar - Allows a BlobStore to be exposed and accessed remotely, via RMI [javadocs]
- akubra-txn-0.4.0.jar - Uses Derby to provide transactional capabilities over a non-transactional store [javadocs]
Known Third-Party Implementations
- akubra-caringo - Concrete implementation for the Dell DX Object Storage Platform
- akubra-bhle - Multiplexing implementation with short-term and long-term underlying stores
- atmosakubra-plugin - Concrete implementation for Atmos Cloud Storage System
- akubra-hdfs - Concrete implementation for Hadoop filesystems
- irods-akubra - (TBD) IRODS implementation
We invite you browse our mailing lists, or subscribe and join the conversation:
- Akubra Users [subscribe via google or via email | view ]
General information, questions, release announcements, etc.
- Akubra Developers [subscribe via google or via email | view | original list archive ]
Discussions pertaining the development of Akubra.
- Akubra Codewatch [subscribe via google or via email | view ]
Intended for developers, this read-only list provides automatic notification of commits to the source code repository.
The source source repository is hosted at github:
- Browse: https://github.com/akubra/akubra
- Anonymous Clone: git clone git://github.com/akubra/akubra.git
- Committer Clone: git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:akubra/akubra.git
Note: You will need JDK 1.6+ and maven to build.
Coding conventions for this project are currently documented here (TODO:migrate here).
Bugs and features for this project are tracked here.