This documentation covers the latest release of DSpace, version 6.x. Looking for another version? See all documentation.
Changes in DSpace 1.1.1
Bug fixes in 1.1.1
- non-administrators can now submit again
- installations now preserve file creation dates, eliminating confusion with upgrades
- authorization editing pages no longer create null entries in database, and no longer handles them poorly (no longer gives blank page instead of displaying policies.)
- registration page Invalid token error page now displayed when an invalid token is received (as opposed to internal server error.) Fixes SF bug #739999
- eperson admin 'recent submission' links fixed for DSpaces deployed somewhere other than at / (e.g. /dspace).
- help pages Link to help pages now includes servlet context (e.g. '/dspace'). Fixes SF bug #738399.
Improvements in 1.1.1
- bin/dspace-info.pl now checks jsp and asset store files for zero-length files
- make-release-package now works with SourceForge CVS
- eperson editor now doesn't display the spurious text 'null'
- item exporter now uses Jakarta's cli command line arg parser (much cleaner)
- item importer improvements:
- now uses Jakarta's cli command line arg parser (much cleaner)
- imported items can now be routed through a workflow
- more validation and error messages before import
- can now use email addresses and handles instead of just database IDs
- can import an item to a collection with the workflow suppressed
Changes in DSpace 1.1
- Fixed various OAI-related bugs; DSpace's OAI support should now be correct. Note that harvesting is now based on the new Item 'last modified' date (as opposed to the Dublin Core date.available date.)
- Fixed Handle support--DSpace now responds to naming authority requests correctly.
- Multiple bitstream stores can now be specified; this allows DSpace storage to span several disks, and so there is no longer a hard limit on storage.
- Search improvements:
- New fielded searching UI
- Search results are now paged
- Abstracts are indexed
- Better use of Lucene API; should stop the number of open file handles getting large
- Submission UI improvements:
- now insists on a title being specified
- fixed navigation on file upload page
- citation & identifier fields for previously published submissions now fixed
- Many Unicode fixes to the database and Web user interface
- Collections can now be deleted
- Bitstream descriptions (if available) displayed on item display page
- Modified a couple of servlets to handle invalid parameters better (i.e. to report a suitable error message instead of an internal server error)
- Item templates now work
- Fixed registration token expiration problem (they no longer expire.)