- Config PR
The GlobalConfig object should now be injected like a service, as you can se here: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/blob/master/src/app/app.component.ts#L34
Note that the Inject annotation will no longer be required in angular 4, OpaqueTokens will be deprecated and replaced with InjectionTokens
InjectionTokens are basically OpaqueTokens that take care of the Inject annotation for you
There is also an interface for config properties now: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/blob/master/src/config.ts#L12
That means we can use type checking for it, but also that you should add new config options to this interface as well as the default config.
- Art Lowel (Atmire)has continued work on related and embedded resources in rest responses.
- In the course of that he’s refactored the request reducer
- You used to need a separate action for each type of request to the rest api.
- For example you had a FindAll action and a FindById action, and each of those would represent that Find action for every endpoint.
- Now every kind of request will be wrapped in an ExecuteRequest action.
- That action can be configured by the data services,
- So to add a new kind of request for an endpoint you should no longer need to touch any of the ngrx objects, you can do it at the level of the service.
- This change was necessary to enable us to support fetching resources in the HAL links sections in rest responses
- Simple Item Page
- Lotte from Atmire is working on the simple item page
- Metadata sections are done, currently blocked on the file section, because the relationship work in the rest api isn't complete
- Angular 4
There’s an issue on the ng-bootstrap github for the upgrade to angular 4: https://github.com/ng-bootstrap/ng-bootstrap/issues/1439
In the issue it is mentioned that the current ng-bootstrap version should work with angular 4 but will likely show deprecation warnings.
Ngrx: a number of people asked on github about an update, but no news yet from the core developers.
There’s also no update yet for the angular-starter project.
- In the absence of Andrea Bollini (4Science) the meeting was led by Terrence W Brady
- Additional brainstorming PR: https://github.com/DSpace-Labs/Rest7Contract/pull/7
- not necessarily in sync with the mock rest responses as of yet
- it's about objects that can be initialized both from solr or the database, but still can be returned to the client in the same structure
- A PR for the function of returning top-level communities: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1686
- Art Lowel (Atmire) said that in the angular UI the assumed approach was to call the /communities endpoint without a scope ID. If you provide the ID of a parent community in the scopeID parameter (e.g. /communities?scopeID=6735) you get the direct descendants of that community, if you leave it out, you get the top-level communities.
- A PR about the projection paramater: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1688
- projections define a subset of metadata
- we don't want a projection to trigger a cascade of requests.