Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date & Location

 at 16:00 UTC (11:00am EST)


Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:  (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040)

Additional connection information at: DSpace Meeting Room


Actual attendee list will be updated after meeting.


120minsInitial feedback on Entities Pull Requests

Since our last meeting, the Atmire team submitted two initial Configurable Entities PRs (to the "configurable_entities" shared branches for REST and UI):

What early feedback do reviewers have on this effort? What testing have your performed with these PRs (successfully or unsuccessfully)? Is there any more information anyone needs to help along the ongoing review & test process?

Volunteer Reviewers (additional reviewers are encouraged/welcome!)


"Journal Hierarchy" Use Case vs Initial Implementation

Our Entities Definition & Use Cases:

Atmire has drafted a response document on where the initial implementation currently aligns or does not align with the "Journal Hierarchy" use case as described:

(Sidenote: Atmire is working on a separate document related to the Author Profile use case, but it's not yet complete)

During this meeting we will have initial discussion of this document.

  • Should these various gaps be filled prior to DSpace 7? Are there aspects of the use case that might be delayed for a future release?
35minsWrap-up and Next Meeting Reminder

Any topics of concentration for our next meeting?

  • Next Meeting: Tues, Nov 20 at 16:00 UTC


All meetings will be recorded. Recordings and brief/summary notes will appear here after the meeting

  • Feedback on PRs
    • Good feedback on the REST API Pull Request so far.  Thanks Alexander Sulfrianand Mark H. Wood
      • Discussion of "Entity" as an object in the code (it's a wrapper class right now)
      • Atmire suggests removing that "Entity" wrapper class, and moving the methods to the Item class/object.
      • Tim notes that seems fine, but it also means "Entity" doesn't exist (as an object) in the Java API or database layer.  Everything is just an Item.
        • For consistency, we may want to rename other things currently called "Entity" to be "Item".  For example "EntityType" => "ItemType"
        • Atmire will look into whether that is reasonable, but no changes to the PR until all reviews are in.
    • Need feedback on the Angular UI Pull Request (none yet)
  • "Journal Hierarchy" Use Case vs Initial Implementation
    • Main discussion points captured at the very end of that Google Doc
      • Permissions on Relations: For now, we are going with the simple solution. If you can edit either object, you can edit the relationship between them.
      • Embargo/delete/withdraw propagation in hierarchy:  Need to determine if it's possible to assign this at the relation level.  Early on, the simply approach may be to prompt users whether to "select related objects" to also apply the change to.
      • Display of relations:  It was never anticipated that we'd always want pagination. It makes sense that we only display pagination/search based on a certain number of items displayed.
  • Agenda for Next Meeting (Tues, Nov 20)
    • Feedback on Angular UI Pull Request
    • Final feedback on REST API Pull Request
    • Discussion of "Author Profiles" use case vs current implementation (similar to today's "Journal Hierarchy" discussion)

Action Items

Any assigned actions will appear here, along with details of who they are assigned to.

  • No labels