Please join us September 23 & 24, 2019 at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis for the 2019 DSpace North American Users Group Meeting.
Find further information on:
This meeting will provide opportunities to discuss ideas, strategies, best practices, use cases, and the future development of DSpace 7 with members of the DSpace community including repository developers, technology directors, and institutional repository managers. We anticipate a variety of discussions, presentations, lightning talks, and workshops as part of the program. We encourage members of the wider open repository community and those interested in learning more about the open source DSpace repository platform to participate.
Call for Proposals
The 2019 DSpace North American Users Group planning committee invites proposals for the upcoming meeting which will be held September 23 & 24, 2019 at the Elmer L. Andersen Library at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
This meeting will provide opportunities to discuss ideas, strategies, best practices, use cases, and the future development of DSpace 7 with members of the DSpace community including repository developers, technology directors, and institutional repository managers.
We are looking for proposals to cover a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- DSpace 7 development and integration
- Upgrading or migrating to DSpace
- DSpace for research data
- DSpace for cultural heritage
- Analytics and assessment
- Institutional repositories / scholarly communication issues
- “Show and Tell” - share your success and challenges
- Anything else you would like to share with the community!
We are seeking proposals in the following formats:
- Lightning Talk (5-10 min) - a brief, freestanding presentation, with or without slides, including Q&A
- Presentation (20 min) - a more comprehensive, freestanding presentation, including Q&A
- Discussion Panel (45 min) - a collection of brief presentations on a topic or area, including a moderated Q&A or open discussion
- Workshop - an instructor-led workshop on a topic or tool
- Birds-of-a-feather - breakout sessions for attendees to engage in a particular topic
Submit a proposal by June 28, 2019.
Notifications of acceptance will be sent by July 15, 2019.
Need some ideas? Check out past North American user group meeting programs on the conference wiki!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Registration and Accommodations
Elmer L. Andersen Library, Room 120, University of Minnesota campus (West Bank)
Registration page now open. A $50 registration fee will help to offset costs and provide you with breakfast, lunch, and coffee.
The per night prices below reflect the University of Minnesota rate when booking over the phone
A room block has been set up at Aloft Hotel. You may book online here or by calling 1-888-627-7079 and asking for a room in the DSpace Meeting, U of MN Room Block. Closes August 21.
- The Graduate Hotel, $167/night
- Hampton Inn and Suites Minneapolis, $129/night
- Days Hotel University Ave SE, $95/night
A light rail connects the airport terminals to both Minneapolis and St. Paul and to the University of Minnesota campus for $2.00 each trip or $2.50 during rush hours. Payment kiosks (cash or credit) are located at each station. To reach campus from the MSP airport, take the Blue line to the US Bank Stadium stop, and switch to the Green Line.
A cab or rideshare from the airport costs about $35 each way.
There is a section in the registration form for accessibility requests of any nature. Elmer L. Andersen Library is an accessible building equipped with elevators. A quiet room can be provided upon request.
2019 Planning Committee
- John Butler, University of Minnesota
- Ed Warga, Texas Digital Library
- Erik Moore, University of Minnesota
- Lisa Johnston, University of Minnesota
- Bill Tantzen, University of Minnesota
- Valerie Collins, University of Minnesota
- Emily Janisch, University of Minnesota
- Mary Gibney, University of Minnesota
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org