Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date & Location

 at 16:00 UTC (11:00am EST)


Location:

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:  https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace  (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040)

Additional connection info available on DSpace Meeting Room page.

Attendees

Actual attendee list will be updated after meeting.

Unavailable:

Agenda

#TimeItemInformationWho
15minsQuick reminder of DSpace 7 release schedule/goals

Just a reminder of our goals:

  • Late January / Early February: 7.0 "Preview" release (not feature complete, but should include an early version of Configurable Entities) Preview release will be rescheduled.
  • By late April: 7.0 "Beta" release (first feature complete release)
  • By late May (prior to OR2019): 7.0 "Final" release

All dates are goals/estimates. For later dates to make sense, we need to meet the first goal.

Tim
210mins

Preview Release Planning for Entities (Configurable Object Models)

What is left to do prior to getting a PR to `master` branch created?

All
340minsFeedback/updates on the Entities Pull Requests

Code Review Goal (Get these PRs merged by Feb 8)

Angular UI Entities PRs

  1. Mixing Entities and Plain Text values: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/354 (Paulo Graça . Waiting on a final test.)

REST API Entities PRs:

  1. Mixing Entities and Plain Text values: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2331(Alexander Sulfrian, Status: Waiting on PR#2332 below to be approved/merged. MERGE Immediately if no conflicts)
  2. Relationship CRUD: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2332 (Tim Donohue, Status: Waiting on updates from Ben Bosman )

(Delayed until post-Preview Release) Replace term "Entity" (DS-4082)

MERGED (Thanks all!)

All
45minsWrap-up and Next Meeting Reminder

Any topics of concentration for our next meeting?

  • Next Meeting: Tues, February 19 at 16:00 UTC
Tim

Notes

  • Reviewed our schedule. Preview date not yet set (by DSpace 7 Working Group).  More discussion on that on Thurs
  • Reviewed our tasks for "master" PR
    • Assigned review of Google Docs & SQL Dump
    • Tim will create PR to master
    • Lieven has updated Bram on Entities effort, and he will be bringing it to the first meeting of the Marketing Working Group (tomorrow)
  • Reviewed outstanding PRs
    • Raf working on PR#2332. Should be ready by tomorrow.  Tim will re-review once ready
    • Once PR#2332 is merged, as long as no conflicts appear, PR#2331 will also be ready to merge.  The main dependency between the two is in an Integration Test
    • Paulo will give Angular PR#354 a quick test, and then it will be ready to merge too
  • Next Steps for this group
    • Tim will create "configurable_entities" PR to 'master' and detail review process for DSpace 7 Working Group
      • We recommend concentrating PR review on whether the "configurable_entities" PR
        • Aligns well with the DSpace 7 best practices & goals (It should, as we've been keeping them in mind)
        • Has any major bugs discovered
        • Has any major conflicts with DSpace 7 codebase
      • Other feedback is obviously welcome. But, obviously we cannot re-implement Entities without major consequences to DSpace 7 timelines/goals – and if discussion came to that level, we'd need to bring in Leadership & Steering Groups.
      • If DSpace 7 WG members want, we can schedule a separate "Discussion Meeting" for a deep dive / demo of the Entities PR (likely sometime during week of Feb 11-15).
    • Next meeting of DSpace 7 Entities WG will be on Feb 19.  If there are no topics to discuss, we may cancel, as we are now more dependent on DSpace 7 WG and Preview Release
      • One of our next topics will be to work on Entities creation via Submission process, but that's currently dependent on the Submission UI being merged into "master" by the DSpace 7 WG.

Action Items

Any assigned actions will appear here, along with details of who they are assigned to.



  • No labels