Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

 from 15:00-16:00 UTC

Location: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).

Agenda

Attendees

Current Work

Legend for status icons

(error) = review done (this week), changes were requested.

(tick) = review done, approved.

(warning) = review done, merge conflict or other minor changes requests

Tickets / PRs In Progress

  1. (Angular) Context sensitive admin menus (Art Lowel (Atmire) ) (work in progress)  (Timeline: Should be ready by March 7)
  2. (Angular) Adding Accessibility via Travis CI  https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/356 (work in progress) (Lower priority)
  3. (Angular) MyDSpace UI (work in progress) (Timeline: Should be ready by Feb 28, delayed  5th March need to run against the updated MyDSpace REST API PR)
  4. (REST Contract) Edit Homepage news: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45 (Additional input has been included, requires new review from Tim Donohue  & Andrea Bollini (4Science) ) (Lower priority)
  5. (REST) MyDSpace Endpoint (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - EARLY Reviews Needed. Reviewers: Ben BosmanTim Donohue  (IT missings - previous Discover IT fixed ) on the 4Science repo against the 2312 PR https://github.com/4Science/DSpace/pull/65 (Timeline: Should be ready by Feb 28delayed, ITs ready by the end of week 3rd March)
  6. (REST) Updating Owning Collections: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2283 (Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire)  - changes requested. Implementation doesn't align with contract) (Timeline: Should be ready a week after the entities are merged)
  7. (REST) Item Mapper functionality: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2282  (Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire)  - changes requested. Implementation doesn't align with contract) (Timeline: Should be ready a week after the entities are merged)
  8. (Backend) One Webapp Backend - Initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2265 (Tim Donohue ) (work in progress)

PRs Needing Review

  1. (warning) (REST Contract) Group and eperson management: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/41 (UPDATED PR - Re-reviews needed from Andrea Bollini (4Science) ,   Tim Donohue)
  2. (tick) (REST Contract) Endpoint for EPerson profile PATCH requests: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/49 (UPDATED PR - Andrea Bollini (4Science) approved, Paulo Graça  - approved)
  3. (REST Contract) Fix examples for metadata-as-map https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/53 (Paulo GraçaTim Donohue)
  4. (tick) (REST Contract) Metadata PATCH support: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/46 ( Tim Donohue - approved , Paulo Graça -approved and Andrea Bollini (4Science) )
  5. (REST) Metadata PATCH support: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2313 (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue - implementation ready for review, pending final approval of contract PR above)
  6. (attenzione) (REST) Workflow Endpoint: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2312 (Tim Donohue , Ben Bosman Re-reviewed and additional feedback added.) 
  7. (Angular) Submission implementation: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/279  (Art Lowel (Atmire) , Paulo Graça - reviewing, Tim Donohue  all received suggestion applied, ready to be merged after approval)
  8. (Angular) Administrative Item Edit: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/362 (Paulo Graça - minor changes requested,  Tim Donohue)
  9. (attenzione) (Angular) Browse by date and Starts-With component: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/364 (Paulo Graça - approved, Tim Donohue - minor changes requested)
  10. (Backend) Upgrading Solr Server for DSpace - Initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2058 (Terry Brady , Kim Shepherd , Art Lowel (Atmire))
    1. Might have an impact on MyDSpace PR (See "In Progress" section)?

PRs Merged this week!

  1. (tick) (REST) Metadata as a Map: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2287
  2. (tick)(Angular) Metadata as a Map: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/347
  3. (tick) (Angular) Modifying Metadata Registries: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/355

BLOCKED

  1. (REST) EPerson profile PATCH functionality : https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2257
    1. Blocked by Contract #49
  2. (Angular) Move Item Component: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/335
    1. Blocked by DSpace PR#2283
  3. (Angular) Item-Collection Mapper:  https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/348
    1. Blocked by DSpace PR#2282

Delayed / Needs Discussion

  1. (REST) Scripts & Processes endpoint: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/17
  2. Discussion of deletion of EPeople for GDPR compliance (from Pascal)
    1. https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2229. NOTE: item.getSubmitter() will return null if EPerson deleted.

Priorities for Preview Release

As discussed in previous DSpace 7 meetings, our DSpace 7 Preview release is aimed for end of March, followed by a Beta in May (before OR2019).  The top priorities for the Preview Release are (in this order):

  1. Submission & Workflow UI / backend
  2. Configurable Entities (from DSpace 7 Entities Working Group)
  3. Upgrading Solr Server for DSpace (not required for Preview, as there's no user facing features. However, the earlier we feel comfortable merging this effort the better)

Notes

  • Discussion topics
    • Discussion of deletion of EPeople for GDPR compliance (from Pascal): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2229. NOTE: item.getSubmitter() will return null if EPerson deleted.
      • Consensus that there's only two viable approaches... Either we delete the EPerson entirely (see Pascal's PR), or we use a "ghost user" approach (a special user account which is linked to Items where submitter/Eperson was deleted)
      • Lieven notes concerns about not catching all the possible NullPointerExpections if we delete EPerson entirely. We have some tests, but we aren't sure we have all scenarios tested.
      • Pascal notes that it would be a community/team effort to find & fix any that are not already fixed
      • Tim notes our new test driven development processes should help us to find these issues more quickly.  Community Testathon can clean up the rest.
      • Andrea notes if we go with delete Eperson approach, we should add integration tests to REST API and Angular to check for possible problems (especially around null submitter)
        • Tim volunteers to help with Integration Tests on REST API
        • We'd likely need more help on Angular side integration tests
      • Tim is concerned with "ghost user" approach, as it'd be a specialized EPerson account that would need to be treated differently than all other EPersons.  Unclear how much effort that would be, and whether that causes additional complications.
      • Not a clear consensus on whether we want to delete EPerson or use "ghost user" – different individuals favor different approaches.  However, there's no strong objections to either approach from anyone – just personal concerns expressed.
      • FINAL DECISION: Since we have a PR#2229 and no one has strong objections, let's move it forward as-is.  Let's work together to create the missing integration tests (Tim will help) and add comments noting any missing use cases / scenarios where a Null EPerson could be a problem. That way we can build out integration tests.
    • Skipped discussion of Concurrency in DSpace 7. Will pick that up next week
    • Discussion of Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
      • Tim wanted more details on the proposed approach to use Bitstreams to store the Homepage news
      • Andrea said this could be metadata, like Community/Collection news
      • Tim agrees. We should consider using the Site object to store metadata for homepage news / logos, in the same way that these are stored on individual Community & Collection objects.
      • Lieven & Ben note they will consider this internally & bring ideas back for discussion next week