Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Friday, March 8th, 2019, 9 am UTC (convert to your timezone).


Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:  (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040)Additional connection info available on DSpace Meeting Room page.


The (star) represents who will be taking notes for a given meeting. It rotates after each meeting to the next person in the attendee list.


  • Looking for a volunteer to do meeting minutes
  • Short self-introduction of all participants
  • Meeting frequency and date
  • Looking for a co-chair
  • Goals of this Working Group
  • Ideas about how to get started
  • Actions unit the next meeting


Private minutes until public results can be present. All participants are asked to get an account in confluence, so we can create the private space.

Minutes will be taken round by round by the participants of this working group.


All participants introduced to each other.

Meeting frequency and date

Bi-Weekly meeting, poll for a day and time will come from Pascal.


Please consider becoming a co-chair and send Pascal an email, if you are willing.


E-Mail list will be hosted by FU Berlin (thank you).

We will also create a private Slack group.

Goals and Scope of the Working Group

  1. to determine if and which changes are necessary for DSpace to become fully compliant with GDPR; 
  2. to explore whether recommendations can be given about how to run DSpace in a GDPR compliant way (including recommendations for a data protection statement and regarding DSpace’s configuration);
  3. to enhance the DSpace manual/documentation with regard to the GDPR and data protection; 
  4. to implement necessary code changes in cooperation with the DSpace committers

FU Berlin / Andreas Sabisch could share process description (Verfahrensbeschreibung) in German. It would be great if we could translate it to English an provide it as a template.

Create templates for policies.

Ideas about how to get started

  • Find out what GDPR asks us to do.
  • List which data DSpace is gathering.
  • List how DSpace deals with this data.
  • List which processes must be put in place on side of running repositories.

Actions until the next meeting

Philip and Pascal will start a list of data gathered in DSpace.

Stephanie Hinrichs will ask the data protection officer from her university about litertature and starting points regarding GDPR.

Document coming about what one two service providers change on DSpage with regard of GDPR.

Everyone: Please get a wiki account and an account in DSpace-Slack. Please follow the documents coming up in the private wiki space.