from 14:00-15:00 UTC
Location: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (30 mins) General Discussion Topics
- OR2019 - How did it all go? Any feedback or updates to bring back to the team?
- Updates from DSpace 7 Entities Working Group
- All Entities PRs will now go against the "master" branch and appear in this group's list of PRs (see below). However, detailed Entities design discussion will take place in Entities Working Group meetings. So, if you want to take part in the design or have questions, please join us in our working group meetings (now weekly, every Tues at 15UTC).
- FYI, looking to enhance the "submission-forms.xml" structure to support two types of "fields".
- <metadata-field> - A simple rename of the existing <field> tag to clarify that this is a metadata entry field, e.g. https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/dspace/config/submission-forms.xml#L52-L61
- <relation-field> - A new type of field that will define a relationship between two Entities. This field type may also optionally capture metadata, if the form field supports either defining a relationship or capturing a plain text value (e.g. an Author field would support linking to Person Entities or capturing plain text author names)
- While we are at it, we may also want to change <dc-schema> to just <schema> and <dc-element> to just <element>, etc.
- Improved Estimation Strategy for Beta release. (Estimates should include time for discussion / code reviews, also should be done by multiple developers)
- (15 mins) Planning for next week
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Next tasks from Development Planning Spreadsheet
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker
- Chris Wilper
- Terry Brady
- Pablo Prieto
- Paulo Graça
- Bill Tantzen
Tickets / PRs In Progress
- (Angular) Adding Accessibility via Travis CI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/356 (work in progress) (Lower priority)
- https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) ) (Angular Bug)
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage news: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45 (Ben Bosman - has outstanding questions/comments) (Lower priority)
- (REST) DS-4043: Revisit the security layer of the submission (work in progress) Andrea Bollini (4Science)
- https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/41 (Waiting on updates fromBen Bosman ) (REST Contract) Group and eperson management:
- https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2406 (Waiting for confirmation of proposed approach by Andrea Bollini (4Science) from Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire) and any other interested/available ) (REST) Pagination issues on Items findAll -
- (Backend) DS-4257: Renaming "dspace-spring-rest" to "dspace-server" (Tim Donohue). (Timeline: Not likely to be completed until after OR2019)
(NEW) (Angular) Shibboleth Login https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/417 (there are TravisCI errors)
- (Angular) Transfer to .po message format - Initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/366 (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue , Art Lowel (Atmire) )
PRs Needing Review
- (REST Contract) (Entities) PUT contract in relationships: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/60 (Tim Donohue , Paulo Graça )
- (NEW) (REST Contract) Updating submissionforms sample output with actual data - https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/62 (Andrea Bollini (4Science), Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (REST Contract) Collecting statistics - https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/63 (Dimitris Pierrakos, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (REST) Refactor PatchBadRequestException to DSpaceBadRequestException and fix improper 500 response errors: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2403 (Paulo Graça , Andrea Bollini (4Science) )
- (UPDATED) (REST) DS-4210 Deposit on collection without workflow seems to fail (405 but succeed) (work in progress - Needs support on identify failure on the test env will be appreciated): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2429 (Chris Wilper , Tim Donohue )
- (REST) Updating Owning Collections (Moving Items between collections): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2283 (Tim Donohue , Ben Bosman )
- (REST) Item Mapper functionality: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2282 (Tim Donohue , Ben Bosman )
- (REST) (Entities) PUT contract in relationships: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2440 (related to Contract PR#60) (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue )
- (NEW) (REST) (Entities) DS-4223 Metadata Schemas for configurable entities https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2443 (Paulo Graça, Mark H. Wood )
- (NEW) (Higher priority) (REST) [DS-4266] bitstream format registry https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2442 (Ben Bosman, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (NEW) (REST) (Entities) DS-4244 Add configurable entities unit tests https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2446
- (NEW) (REST) (Entities) Relationship search by label: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/245 (Tim Donohue)
- (Angular) (Entities) Deleting relationships: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/402 (Paulo Graça - changes requested, Tim Donohue )
- (Angular) Switch to using HAL links for entity relationships https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/408 (Dependent on PR#401) (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue )
- (Angular) Selectable Themes. https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/419 (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (Angular) (Entities) DS-4223 Metadata Schemas for configurable entities https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/420 (Paulo Graça)
- (NEW) (Angular) Configurable browse-by https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/421 (closes #361) (Tim Donohue , Paulo Graça ,Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (NEW) (Angular) Revert erroneous change https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/425 (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science), Tim Donohue)
- (Unblocked) (Angular) Move Item Component: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/335
- Was blocked by DSpace PR#2283
- (Unblocked) (Angular) Item-Collection Mapper: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/348
- Was blocked by DSpace PR#2282
- (Backend) Upgrading to Handle Server v9: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2394 (Mark H. Wood, Ben Bosman )
- (Backend) Our extensive EHCache configuration is ignored: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2397 (Terry Brady , Tim Donohue, Chris Wilper )
- (Backend) Minor dependency updates to "master": https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2425 ( Mark H. Wood , Chris Wilper )
- (Backend) Update email templates to use Velocity (for richer, powerful templates): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1992 (Chris Wilper , NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
PRs Merged this week!
- (Angular) HIGH PRIORITY. https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/418 (Art Lowel (Atmire) - merged)
- (Blocked PRs go here)
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed until after Preview release. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- (REST) Scripts & Processes endpoint: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/17
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.
Priorities for Preview Release
As discussed in previous DSpace 7 meetings, our DSpace 7 Preview release is aimed for early May, followed by a Preview #2 in May (before OR2019). The top priorities for the Preview Release are (in this order):
- Submission & Workflow UI / backend
- Configurable Entities (from DSpace 7 Entities Working Group)
- Upgrading Solr Server for DSpace (not required for Preview, as there's no user facing features. However, the earlier we feel comfortable merging this effort the better)
Priorities for OR2019 revolve around features or needs that we want to show off in Workshops/Presentations. These include
- Finalizing theming/branding strategy for new UI
- DSpace Backend as One Webapp
- Finalizing (as much as reasonable) the upgrade process (including Solr, Handle Server, etc)
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris
Travis CI + Docker Compose for testing of Angular
- Docs: https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/docker/#using-docker-compose
- Blogpost on how to do it: http://elliot.land/post/using-docker-compose-on-travis-ci
- An example travis.yml file: https://github.com/Ortus-Solutions/docker-buildfiles/blob/master/.travis.example.yml