How to add a new file format to the bitstream registry
DSpace supports different file formats. It categorizes it's support for each file type into 3 levels:
- Supported (the repository administrator fully supports this file form and will make extra provision for the curation of these types of files)
DSpace is supplied with a large bitstream format registry, but you may wish to add other formats.
Add another format
- Log in to DSpace as an administrator
- Navigate to the 'administer' pages, and click on 'Bitstream Format Registry'
- Go to the bottom of the page, and click on 'Add New'
- The page will refresh, and at the bottom of the list will be a blank (or 'null') entry.
- Edit this last entry, then press 'Update'