Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

At Open Repositories 2017 and the 2017 North American User Group meeting, updates on DSpace 7 efforts were presented. The slides from those talks are available:

On February 28, 2017, we held a DuraSpace Hot Topics webinar to discuss the latest activities of this Working Group, with details from both the Angular UI and REST API subteams. The slides and video of that Hot Topics webinar are available at http://duraspace.org/node/3103

We've also provided a high-level summary of current status at: DSpace 7 UI Project Plain Language Summary

Scope & Objectives

The goal of this working group, led by Tim Donohue, is to create a new, single User Interface (UI) for DSpace that implements all functionality currently available in JSPUI and XMLUI.  The UI will interact with DSpace core data through a completely new REST API to insure complete separation of the user layer from the data layer. This working group is split into two subteams: an Angular Subteam, led by Art Lowel (Atmire), which is concentrating on building a modern, responsive, client-side user interface using Angular and a REST API Subteam, led by Andrea Bollini (4Science), which is concentrating on building a new REST API based on state-of-art technologies, standards and best practices.

Deliverables

Implementation of the User Interface and the REST API with code delivered on GitHub along with documentation on how to use, install, and extend the interface.

User Interface: Angular 4

REST API: Java

Angular Subteam is facilitated by Art Lowel (Atmire)

Angular UI resources

REST API Subteam is facilitated by Andrea Bollini (4Science)

REST API resources

Development & Training Resources

Meeting Times & Communication Channels

  • Meetings: We meet every week on Thurs at 15:00UTC (11am EDT), primarily via Google Hangouts (using Slack as a backchannel).  Anyone is welcome to join these meetings.
    • Meetings typically last one hour. We post a weekly reminder on our Slack channels (see below), along with a brief agenda.
    • Meeting notes are all available below.
    • Google Hangoutshttps://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/atmire.com/dspace7 
      • Please be aware our Google Hangouts attendee limit is 25 individuals. While we usually do not get close to that limit, if you have a larger team that wishes to attend, we ask that you consider calling in together (e.g. from a shared conference room).
  • Slack: Between meetings, we encourage usage of Slack to keep in touch and ask questions. If you have not yet joined the DSpace Slack, you may request an invite. All are welcome on Slack.
    • In Slack, we primarily use two channels:
      • #angular-ui : For DSpace 7 (Angular) UI updates, discussions and/or questions.
      • #rest-api : For DSpace 7 REST API updates, discussions and/or questions.
  • Email: We use standard DSpace lists to communicate updates, meetings, etc. Early on, we are primarily using dspace-devel (our developers mailing list) and Slack for these communications. Once we get further along, regular updates will also be announced on dspace-community (and other lists).

Next Meeting

Thursday, September 21 from 15:00-16:00 UTC (11am-12pm EDT) in Google Hangouts: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/atmire.com/dspace7

Meeting Notes

  • No labels

2 Comments

  1. I don't know if this is the right place for some installation notes, but I thought it is better to move it later than not to write it down at all.

    1. I moved the install notes to DSpace 7 - Angular UI Development , and added a section here titled "Development & Training Resources"