Based on a discussion at the DevMtg 2018-01-31, we plan to host community meetings to discuss developer tools and processes.
Wish List of Topics
- Which IDE is best for DSpace and how do you use it?
- Using IntelliJ for DSpace development
- Using Eclipse for DSpace 7 development
- Iterative development and DSpace test frameworks
- VM and/or Container Strategies for DSpace, Docker and DSpace
- Deploying test instances of DSpace in the cloud - how to do it and do it at low cost
Are you interested?
If so, please list your name below and the topics that you might be willing to share with other developers. (Also, feel free to add to the wish list above).
- Terry Brady Running DSpace on Codenvy (Codenvy.io)
- Question: What would it look like to test DSpace in Docker from a desktop?
- Hardy Pottinger (Vagrant-DSpace, Docker and DSpace)
- Tim Donohue (Vagrant-DSpace, puppet-dspace, basic deployment of DSpace in AWS (Amazon Web Services), general questions on DSpace development)
- Ryan Scherle
- Mark H. Wood
- Patrick Trottier (Janitor and DSpace)
- Monika Mevenkamp - I maintain two instances with DEV(on local) - QA and PROD on VM - i have some shell support/maven configurations - would like to discuss how other people handle this
- Sean Xiao Zhao and Mariya Maistrovskaya DSpace deployment with Jenkins. Testing frameworks are needed.
- Drew Heles - DSpace (5) ansible
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker (Developer Workflow with DSpace-Labs/dspace-dev-docker)
- Tom Desair (Atmire) (IntelliJ IDEA, testing DSpace with an Oracle database in docker)
Possible Future Topics
- Spring Overview
- Angular Overview
NOTE: The meeting will be recorded for those who are unable to attend.
- Dev Show and Tell - July 31, 2018 - 1500UTC - REST API Tools
- Advanced Use of Postman - Art Lowell
- Authenticating with Postman - Terry Brady
- Texas A&M MAGPIE (Metadata Assignment GUI Providing Ingest and Export - James Creel
- Dev Show and Tell - Aug 28, 2018 - 1500UTC - DSpace On DockerHub
- DSpace on AWS, Janitor and DSpace - Feb 27, 2018 at 1600UTC
- DSpace on AWS - Tim Donohue
- Janitor and DSpace, DSpace Development on Codenvy - Mar 27, 2018 at 1500UTC
- Janitor and DSpace - Patrick Trottier
- DSpace Development on Codenvy - Terry Brady
- Dev Show and Tell - Apr 17, 2018 - 1500UTC
- IDE Showcase for DSpace
- Dev Show and Tell - Using Docker in Development - May 15, 2018 - 1500UTC
- DSpace and Docker - Pascal Becker (60 min)
- DSpace / Oracle Testing with Docker - Tom Desair (20 min)
- Dev Show and Tell - June 26, 2018 - 1500UTC - OR 2018 Recap