Based on a discussion at the DevMtg 2018-01-31, we plan to host community meetings to discuss developer tools and processes.
Wish List of Topics
- Which IDE is best for DSpace and how do you use it?
- Using IntelliJ for DSpace development
- Using Eclipse for DSpace 7 development
- Iterative development and DSpace test frameworks
- VM and/or Container Strategies for DSpace, Docker and DSpace
- Deploying test instances of DSpace in the cloud - how to do it and do it at low cost
Are you interested?
If so, please list your name below and the topics that you might be willing to share with other developers. (Also, feel free to add to the wish list above).
- Terry Brady Running DSpace on Codenvy (Codenvy.io)
- Question: What would it look like to test DSpace in Docker from a desktop?
- Hardy Pottinger (Vagrant-DSpace, Docker and DSpace)
- Tim Donohue (Vagrant-DSpace, puppet-dspace, basic deployment of DSpace in AWS (Amazon Web Services), general questions on DSpace development)
- Ryan Scherle
- Mark H. Wood
- Patrick Trottier (Janitor and DSpace)
- Monika Mevenkamp - I maintain two instances with DEV(on local) - QA and PROD on VM - i have some shell support/maven configurations - would like to discuss how other people handle this
- Sean Xiao Zhao and Mariya Maistrovskaya DSpace deployment with Jenkins. Testing frameworks are needed.
- Drew Heles - DSpace (5) ansible
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker
- Tom Desair (Atmire) (IntelliJ IDEA, testing DSpace with an Oracle database in docker)
Based on the interest recorded above, Terry Brady will send out a poll for possible meeting times and schedule 1-2 initial meetings.
NOTE: The meeting will be recorded for those who are unable to attend.
Meeting Archives will go here