DSpace 1.7.1 was officially released to the public on March 28, 2011.
DSpace 1.7.1 can be downloaded immediately at either of the following locations:
All DSpace 1.7.0 users should upgrade to 1.7.1
We recommend all DSpace 1.7.0 users upgrade to DSpace 1.7.1, to receive several bug fixes along with a medium-level security fix. For more information see:
DSpace 1.7.1 is a bug fix release to resolve any issues located within DSpace 1.7.0. As it only provides bug-fixes, DSpace 1.7.1 should constitute an easy upgrade from DSpace 1.7.0 for most users. No database changes or additional configuration changes should be necessary when upgrading from DSpace 1.7.0 to 1.7.1.
No new features in DSpace 1.7.1
Major Bug fixes will include:
- DS-785 : SWORD deposits fail when ingest events are fired if Discovery event consumer is configured
- DS-821 : AbstractMETSIngester creates an item before adding descriptive metadata (When using SWORD, submission emails show no title)
- DS-823 : DatabaseManager is no longer Oracle compliant
A full list of all potential fixes that may be in 1.7.1 can be found on the JIRA 1.7.1 Summary. Any issues marked as "Resolved" in JIRA will be released in 1.7.1.
If there's an issue you'd like to see fixed, please volunteer to help us out! Just volunteer or add a patch to one of the issues in JIRA.
NOTE: See below for a list of all bugs currently fixed in the 1.7.1 codebase.
The following fixes have already been made to the codebase and will be released in 1.7.1. Please note that the below listing is dynamically generated, so it will be changing as we continue to fix bugs up until the 1.7.1 release.
Bugs Fixed in 1.7.1 (20 issues)
- Release Coordinator: Peter Dietz, Ohio State University Libraries
Timeline and Proceeding
- Bug-fix Deadline: March 18, 2011.
- Release Date: March 28, 2011.
Release Process needs to proceed according to the following Maven release process: Release Procedure