DSpace 1.7.2 is a minor bug fix release that addressed three issues that cropped up since DSpace 1.7.1. As it only provides bug-fixes, DSpace 1.7.1 should constitute an easy upgrade from DSpace 1.7.0 for most users. No database changes or additional configuration changes should be necessary when upgrading from DSpace 1.7.0 to 1.7.2. The issues that DSpace 1.7.2 addresses are:
- DS-841 Fixed Oracle database support for administrative tasks on ePerson.
- DS-875 Fixed an error message from being spit out when using the DSpace CLI Launcher.
- DS-871 Fixed a caching issue in "Recent Submissions" listing for XMLUI.
The following fixes are the changes between DSpace 1.7.1 and 1.7.2. Additionally, these fixes were applied to the trunk line of development so future releases such as DSpace 1.8 will have the fixes.
Bugs Fixed in 1.7.2 (3 issues)
|DS-841||'IllegalArgumentException: No such column rnum' error in DSpace 1.7.x XMLUI admin eperson (with Oracle backend)||Peter Dietz||Hardy Pottinger|
|DS-871||XMLUI caches community / collection page which doesn't show a recently submitted item immediately||Peter Dietz||Peter Dietz|
|DS-875||DSpace Configuration service error when using "dspace" script.||Mark Diggory||Kevin Van de Velde (@mire)|
- Release Coordinator: Peter Dietz, Ohio State University Libraries
Timeline and Proceeding
- Release Date: May 27, 2011.
Release Process needs to proceed according to the following Maven release process: Release Procedure