DSpace 3.3 was officially released to the public on June 23, 2014.
DSpace 3.3 can be downloaded immediately at either of the following locations:
SourceForge (Zip): https://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace/files/
GitHub: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace (tag "dspace-3.3")
In addition, you are welcome to try out DSpace on http://demo.dspace.org/ and continue to provide any feedback you may have.
We recommend DSpace 3.x users upgrade to 3.3
Generally we recommend all DSpace 3.x users upgrade to DSpace 3.3 to receive several bug fixes. However, if you decide that none of the bug fixes are relevant for you then there is no urgent case for upgrading.
DSpace 3.3 is a bug fix release to resolve any issues located within DSpace 3.0, DSpace 3.1 or DSpace 3.2. As it only provides bug-fixes, DSpace 3.3 should constitute an easy upgrade from DSpace 3.x for most users. No database changes or additional configuration changes should be necessary when upgrading from DSpace 3.x to 3.3.
This small bug fix release addresses a number of issues that have cropped up in 3.x. These issues include:
- Handle prefix containing a dot generated incorrect identifier.uri (DS-1536)
- "Out of Memory" errors may occur when indexing large bitstreams/files in Discovery (DS-1958)
- A possible memory leak in the OAI webapp (DS-1898)
A problem with repeatable fields in XMLUI submission forms losing values (DS-1893)
The "dspace classpath" command threw an error (DS-1998)
Thumbnails were not displayed when using JSPUI + Oracle database (DS-2013)
- A fix in OAI harvester test for source sites with many OAI sets (DS-1834)
- If the optional SOLRBrowseDAO was enabled, attempts to remove items may have failed with a database exception (DS-1619)
- Other minor fixes (see full list below)
- For upgrade instructions for 3.x to 3.3, please see Upgrading From 3.0 to 3.x.
- If you are upgrading from 1.8.x to 3.3, please see Upgrading From 1.8.x to 3.x
- For general upgrade instructions, please see Upgrading a DSpace Installation
No new features in DSpace 3.3
The following fixes were released in 3.3.
|DS-1536||having a DOT in handle prefix causes identifier.uri to be cut off when being created||Apr 17, 2013||Sep 22, 2014||Ivan Masár||Jose Blanco||Closed||Fixed|
|DS-1619||Unable to remove items after enabling SOLRBrowseDAOs||Aug 10, 2013||Jan 16, 2015||Andrea Bollini||Andrea Bollini||Closed||Fixed|
|DS-1834||Collection content source harvesting test does not check sets properly||Dec 11, 2013||Feb 17, 2014||Kevin Van de Velde (@mire)||Kevin Van de Velde (@mire)||Closed||Fixed|
|DS-1893||Get page refresh after adding a value in the submission forms clears all metadata in XMLUI||Jan 30, 2014||Jan 30, 2014||Kevin Van de Velde (@mire)||Kevin Van de Velde (@mire)||Closed||Fixed|
|DS-1898||OAI not always closing contexts||Jan 31, 2014||Jul 28, 2014||Kevin Van de Velde (@mire)||Kevin Van de Velde (@mire)||Closed||Fixed|
|DS-1958||Discovery OutOfMemoryError when indexing Large Bitstreams||Apr 02, 2014||Jul 17, 2014||Mark H. Wood||Mark Diggory||Closed||Fixed|
|DS-1961||Use HTTPS with oss.sonatype.org repository||Apr 04, 2014||Jul 28, 2014||Mark H. Wood||Mark H. Wood||Closed||Fixed|
|DS-1998||"dspace classpath" CLI command does nothing, throws error||May 11, 2014||Jun 05, 2014||Mark H. Wood||Ivan Masár||Closed||Fixed|
|DS-2013||JSPUI with Oracle DB - Browse items with THUMBNAILS unimplemented||May 22, 2014||Jun 05, 2014||Mark H. Wood||Denis Fdz||Closed||Fixed|
- Release Coordinator: Mark Wood
Timeline and Proceeding
- Release Date: June 23, 2014
Release Process will proceed according to the Release Procedure.