The Steering Group is nominated and elected by the Leadership Group and members are chosen among the Leaders. The Steering Group is composed of 9 Members elected for a 3-year term and it provides project oversight and ensures that the priorities of the Leadership Group and members are met, by:
- Providing strategic direction to the Project
- Recommending annual budget allocations
- Presenting key decisions to the Leadership Group for discussion and approval
- Raising funds and securing other resources on behalf of the Project
- Overseeing project operations
The Steering Group is in the process of being nominated by the Leadership Group.
Steerers meetings occur on a monthly regular base.