- First 15+ minutes: JIRA Catch-Up – starting with issue DS-882
- Discussion: Latest updates on 1.8.0 (see below)
Areas we can use help in coming weeks
Here's where we currently stand with 1.8.0:
- Outstanding issues/features (may still be "in" or "out"):
- Current Known Major New Features (as of today):
- Configurable Reviewer Workflow (@mire)
- XMLUI SWORD Client (Robin Taylor)
- Media RSS Support – for iTunesU & similar (Peter Dietz)
- Reordering of Bitstreams (DS-749) (Kevin Van de Velde)
- Creative Commons Web Service API with the Submission Process (DS-964)
- Current Known Major Improvements in 1.8.0:
- Split up 'dspace.cfg' file into various [dspace]/config/module/ configurations, to make them easier to manage
- Upgraded Lucene & Solr to most recent versions
- Improved Discovery Configuration
- Maven 3 Issues (DS-881)
- (Hopefully, we'll finally fix that annoying lack of 404 bug in XMLUI (DS-768). Kim Shepherd seems to be on track to do so)
- Features which will be released as "AddOns" after 1.8.0
- Full list of 1.8.0 committed changes (including many smaller improvements & bug fixes): https://jira.duraspace.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+DS+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%221.8.0%22+AND+%28status+%3D+Resolved+OR+status%3DClosed%29+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC
Topics in the Waiting...
- Topics which are still on the "back burner" (which need someone to lead a "Special Topic" meeting around them)
- Do we want to schedule a meeting to go over proposed Modularization / Refactoring work in near future?
- Discuss improving how DSpace handles Metadata. Several ideas mentioned recently:
- Updating to current DCMI standards: DS-805
- Creating a new "dspace" internal usage schema (for administrative, or non-DC metadata)? Formalize the "dc" schema to be strictly valid QDC/DC?
- Metadata on all DSpace objects (not just Items)
- Per discussion at OR11, DCAT is going to make recommendations on Metadata Schemas that DSpace should support.
- Discuss forming a "Documentation Management Team"? Or reworking our procedures for managing/reviewing/approving Docs on the Wiki.
- More discussion of Proposed RoadMap to 2.0
- In meantime, feel free to forward thoughts on to Tim or everyone (via dspace-devel or dspace-commit).
- Full IRC Transcript is available at - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/index.php?date=2011-08-31