Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, August 1, 2012

Agenda

Regular Items

  • Instead of normal JIRA Review, today we'll review a few new 3.0 JIRA Submissions that have patches attached:
    • DS-1127 - Submission improvements: document type-based submission (XMLUI only)
    • DS-1223: Display frequencies of items in single browsing for selected indices (JSPUI only)
    • DS-1224: Export items in various bibliographic formats (as RIS, BibTeX, EndNote, IEEE, ...) (JSPUI only)
    • DS-1225: Show display values for controlled vocabularies in Item Page (JSPUI only)
    • DS-1226: Batch import from basic bibliographic formats (Endnote, BibTex, RIS, TSV, CSV) (JSPUI only)
    • DS-1227: Tag cloud for any browse index in the home page of DSpace (JSPUI only)
    • DS-1228: Concatenate values of multi-value fields in item display (JSPUI only)

Discussion Topics

  1. 3.0 Release - Reviewing larger features & planning the release?
    • Advanced Embargo Pull Request: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/43
    • Other larger features listed as 3.0 tentative (esp. OAI 2.0, @mire features, CILEA features
    • Are their particular features we want to schedule a special topic meeting around?
    • Should we be finding ways to split up review of all the existing features on the 3.0 Release notes page (or "rank" which ones need many eyes versus just a few)?
    • Should we have someone(s) do a "quick scan" for open JIRA tickets with patches attached so that we can perhaps apply/review them for 3.0? (These could be "quick wins" as well)
  2. 3.0 Questions (from helix84):
    1. DS-531: ETD-MS schema out of the box. Again, the larger problem is that our metadata schema should be brought up-to-date with DCMI, but maybe we could tackle this smaller issue of ETDs. I suggest we add a "thesis" schema with 5 fields mentioned in this table to support ETD-MS out-of-the-box. ~~helix84
  3. Need to review Guidelines for Committing based on GitHub/Git?
    • Thoughts on how we rework these polices to our new GitHub development environment (with Pull Request policies, etc.)?
  4. Other topics?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. How can we "catch up" with JIRA Backlog?
    • Do we need to "split up" the tickets & do quick reviews on our own? Or perhaps just split up tickets & do a very quick ranking & schedule ones with patches for 3.0?
    • Perhaps we schedule a "JIRA Backlog Bash" event (via IRC or similar) where we work together to decrease the backlog over a few days or a week (think of this like a "Test-a-thon" but instead we'd be working to just clear out the backlog as best we can).
  2. Brainstorming Features/Changes for 3.0. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

Discussion of 3.0 Feature Submissions, build.properties discussion (DS-1208)

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

Action items coming out of this meeting go here, if any.

  • No labels