Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, April 1, 2015

Today's Meeting Times

  • JIRA Backlog Hour: 19:00 UTC in #dspace IRC, i.e. one hour BEFORE the meeting. During that hour, we will be working together to tackle our JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets.
    • NOTE: Tim has a conflict with JIRA Backlog Hour and will be unable to attend this week. But, will be at the meeting.
  • DSpace Developers Meeting: 20:00 UTC in #duraspace IRC

Agenda

Discussion Topics

  1. DSpace 5.2 Updates
    1. Are we getting closer?  Release timelines? tickets to discuss?
    2. DS-2486 - Getting issue details... STATUS (and related tickets)
  2. Re-examine our use of Solr as a statistics store.  See DS-2337 - Getting issue details... STATUS .
  3. Other topics?


Ongoing Discussions

  • Looking beyond DSpace 5, what sort of UI(s) would we want for the future? 
    1. The new DSpace Steering Group has noted that it seems unsustainable to maintain two UIs forever.
    2. Both our UIs are rather dated platforms (JSPUI = base code is 13+ years old, XMLUI = 7+ years old). There are lots of newer, easier to user Java and non-Java UI platforms.
    3. Brainstorms on a Future UI is the beginning of some very rough ideas of what UI platforms exist out there, and what is important to us in a UI.  None of this is "set in stone", and it's all just a brainstorm on "If we had to choose again now, what do we feel is the best UI platform to help DSpace remain a relevant, vibrant project for 5-10 more years."

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)