Ways for DSpace to interoperate with remote systems.
Currently Available Interfaces
- http://www.openarchives.org/ OAI-PMH support already built in. This allows metadata harvesting currently of simple Dublin Core only. OAICat has a plug-in framework where additional 'crosswalks' can be added for qualified DC, METS etc. etc.
- http://www.oclc.org/research/software/srw/ SRW/U Web-services and RESTful interfaces for remote search (based on Z39.50, but simplified.) Currently a separate piece of software. Ideally, should be integrated into DSpace; the DSpace 'bridge' part should be part of the DSpace code, and then the SRW/U code could be included as a JAR. Ralph LeVan at OCLC has agreed that this is a good route forward; all we need now is someone with the time to do it!
- http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/repositories/digirep/index/SWORD A standardized deposit interface based upon the Atom Publishing Protocol (APP). Also supported by EPrints and Fedora.
- SSH command-line interface - mentioned for completeness
- Web UI - mentioned for completeness
- DSpace Lightweight Network Interface (LNI) is supported as of release 1.5. Also see the original LightweightNetworkInterface wiki page.
- http://www.caret.cam.ac.uk/ CARET project at Cambridge University and MIT are developing a SOAP/WSDL-based "WebServiceForDSpace"
- RSS feeds from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (almost ready)