Table of Contents
About This Service
About This Service
SWORD (Simple Web-service Offering Repository Deposit) is a protocol for interoperable deposit between repository platforms. It was developed by a JISC project during 2007. See http://www.swordapp.org/ and http://sourceforge.net/projects/sword-app/ for more information.
Although the current release version of SWORD-Fedora is 1.1, this document describes the upcoming release which provides both SWORD Profile 1.3 and Fedora 3.x support.
To install the service:
- Pending the release of SWORD-Fedora 1.2, download a GNU tarball of the latest source from http://sword-app.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sword-app/fedora/trunk.tar.gz?view=tar.
- Unpack trunk.tar.gz (e.g. tar xvzf trunk.tar.gz).
- Edit conf/properties.xml
- Replace all instances of FEDORA_HOST:FEDORA_PORT with the host and port of your Fedora installation, e.g.: replace http://FEDORA_HOST:FEDORA_PORT/fedora/get/##PID## with http://localhost:8080/fedora/get/##PID##
- Similarly, update the properties/fedora/host and properties/fedora/port elements.
- Edit properties/general/repository_uri to point to the SWORD-Fedora endpoint, e.g. http://localhost:8080/sword (or any unique uri for your repository).
- Edit properties/general/temp_dir with the full path to a temporary directory that SWORD-Fedora can use for processing uploads (e.g. /tmp).
- Optionally, edit the service_document element (see http://www.swordapp.org/docs/sword-profile-1.3.html for more details)
- For example, to accept Microsoft Word 2007 documents, add the application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document mime-type to the list of accepted mime-types.
- Edit build.xml
o Change <property name="tomcat" location="/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28"/> to point to the location of your Tomcat installation (e.g. /usr/local/fedora/tomcat).
- Build SWORD-Fedora
o ant dist
o This will build sword.war and copy it to the webapps directory of the Tomcat installation specified in build.xml.