|A. Soroka||University of Virginia|
|Benjamin Armintor||Columbia University|
|Nigel Banks||Discovery Garden|
|Michael Durbin||University of Virginia|
|Esmé Cowles||UC San Diego|
|Chris Beer||Stanford University|
|Greg Jansen||University of North Carolina|
University of Constantinople
|Eric James||Yale University|
November 4 - 8, 2013
- Check-in @3pm Monday Nov 4
- Check-out @11am Friday Nov 8
- 1903 Robbins Place #601, Austin
I've started a map (editable by anyone with the link)
...somewhere in Austin near the DLF Conference
|Arrival Flight# and Time||Departure Flight# and Time|
|Andrew||Frontier 212, 11/4 2:18pm||Frontier 215, 11/8 6:19pm|
|Adam||3 November, eveningish||Right after DLF|
|Ben||Was always here, in a way||and part of him will remain here forever|
|Nigel||AA Flight 2222, Nov 4, 2:40pm||AA Flight 1201, Nov 8, 11:05am|
|Mike||UA573, Nov 4th, 10:43am||UA3552, Nov 8, 7:17am|
|Esmé||Delta 1858, 11/4 11:35am||US Airway 2896, 11/8 11:52am|
|Chris||VX218 Nov 3 3:40pm||VX221 Nov 8 5pm|
|Fedo||AMR, 11/1||AMR, 11/10|
|Eric||UA3469 11/3 10:16PM||UA1451 11/7 2:39PM|
Below is a list of potential topics for group discussion during the Hackfest. Ideally, we cover the selected topics (i.e. those topics with a champion) Monday afternoon/evening. If a topic does not get covered, we will slate if for another time during the week.
|F4 Key capabilities||Andrew Woods|
|Disseminators||Michael Durbin, A. Soroka|
|Modularization/Plugin framework||A. Soroka|
|Testing framework and relationship of testing to specification||A. Soroka|
|RDF in general: Fedora currently, Hydra Summit, etc||Unknown User (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Maven archetypes||A. Soroka|
|Authz and its usecases||Greg Jansen|
|Community Resources plan|
|New event format (not legacy Fedora 3 format)||A. Soroka|
|Code4Lib (Chapel Hill) proposal|
|Comb pivotal tickets|
|GitHub identified issues|
- Eat huge amounts of barbecue, washed down with delicious Live Oak Pilz.
- InstallFest? Possibly hosted at Fedora house, Monday or Tuesday evening?
- Possibly? Still just possibly?
- Possible to get a notice to the DLF schedule added?
- Installation/Configuration mini-screencast videos (starring Andrew Woods and his Dancing Teeth!)
- Maven archetypes: JAX-RS service (HTTP API extension), vanilla module, JMS listener...
- Andrew Woods promised that we'd come up with a migration plan for disseminators (fedora 3 service definition/deployment)
- A. Soroka believed him.
- Revisit RDF contract with fcrepo-kernel classes in light of recent Hydra RDF conference
- Hydra/F4 AuthN/Z future directions and opportunities
- How do we make it easier for Hydra to use F4 authZ?
- HTML outputs-- can we make them more available for contributions? (Hint: a template language more widely used than Apache Velocity.)
- Or, instead, can we make it more obvious that the HTML that comes with it not meant for extension?
- Review testing framework
- We have to mock, and we have to mock a lot of code, but the repetitiveness of our mocking code is starting to mock us.
- Let's stop mocking our own statics! (Says A. Soroka, the guy who introduced most of that awfulness, who has now learnt his lesson.)
- Code-Key signing
- Nail down F4 core capabilities
- Modularization/wiring approach
- Plug-in model
- Internal (core) service architecture
- DLF livestream on the TV (dedicated laptop, video cabling to TV)
- Why TV? Why not just the laptop?
- Andrew Woods to get a notice to the DLF schedule added
- Shopping lists!
- Nearby grocery stores / other merchants of needful things?