This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and IRC chat. Anyone is welcome to join...here's the info:
- Time: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time US (UTC-4)
- U.S.A/Canada toll free: 866-740-1260, participant code: 2257295
- International toll free: http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- Use the above link and input 2257295 and the country you are calling from to get your country's toll-free dial-in number
- Once on the call, enter participant code 2257295
- Join the #duraspace-ff chat room via Freenode Web IRC (enter a unique nick)
- Or point your IRC client to #duraspace-ff on irc.freenode.net
- Osman Din
- Kevin S. Clarke
- David Wilcox
- Longshou Situ
- Nikhil Trivedi
- Yinlin Chen
- Michael Durbin
- Ed Fugikawa
- Greg Jansen
- Stefano Cossu
- OAI Provider Predicates Prototype
- Database connector (see discussion here)
- F4 -> F4 Federation (see discussion here)
- Packer/Docker/Puppet for Graphite server?
OAI Provider Predicates Prototype
- frank asseg was not on the call to discuss.
- Will move the discussion to next week.
- Proposed by Stefano Cossu and Nikhil Trivedi
- Need to make a database available to view as nodes in Fedora
- Similar to ModeShape metadata connector
- Need to whitelist tables to make available
- Map fields to node properties
- Make data available
- Need to create Fedora-specific nodes similar to file system federation
- Seems like it would be generally useful to the community
F4 -> F4 Federation
- Proposed by Stefano Cossu
- Mirror particular content from one Fedora node to another
- Use case: public Fedora mirror that only contains publicly available nodes (indicated with mixin)
- ModeShape or JCR connector?
- JCR-level might be more efficient
- Greg Jansen: Maybe filter via access controls rather than federation?
- Stefano Cossu: Need 2 Fedoras for load balancing and a public mirror outside the DMZ for security reasons
- Michael Durbin: Federation layer is somewhat dumb. Difficult to emulate all repository functions between source and target
- Greg Jansen: Probably easier to express security in a declarative way in one repository through XACML or something similar rather than running 2 nodes and trying to manage security via Federation
- Stefano Cossu will work on this and report back
Packer/Docker/Puppet for Graphite server?
- Packer script to generate a VM image?
- Docker, Puppet, etc.?
- Greg Jansen: Using Packer to make dev VMs on local machines
Handling Blank Nodes
- Raised by Stefano Cossu
- Blank nodes seem to be somewhat supported in the latest build
- Not sure if this comes from Fedora development or ModeShape?
- No one on the call is familiar