- Time: 11:00AM Eastern Time US (UTC-5)
- Dial-in Number: (712) 775-7035
- Participant Code: 479307#
- International numbers: Conference Call Information
- Web Access: https://www.freeconferencecallhd.com/wp-content/themes/responsive/flashphone/flash-phone.php
- Review last meeting actions:
- Colin Gross to transfer fcrepo_perf_analysis to fcrepo4-labs
- Andrew Woods to post test outputs to S3
- Colin Gross to push outputs from R-scripts to GitHub
- Nick Ruest and Yinlin Chen to take above R-script output as starting point for performance test summary report
- Review current GitHub issues: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo_perf_analysis/issues
- Infrastructure options - Research Grant
- AWS Cloud Credits for Research https://aws.amazon.com/research-credits/ Rewards varies from 1 to 2 years.
- Reproduce new performance report?
- If anyone what to know current Fedora 4.7 performance, we can refer him to see the performance report page.
- Performance and Scalability Test Plans
- Baseline performance on these six scenarios in a:
- Select an instance type in AWS
- other options?
- An Ansible tool to install Fedora 4 on the local machine or AWS.
- Define tests of known pain points, e.g.
- Performance of "many members"
- Ugliness of pairtree resources
- migration of PIDs from fcrepo3 to fcrepo4
- Migration from fcrepo3 to fcrepo4 in general and in a reasonable amount of time for 1M+ objects
- Loss of system dates, the migration of creation/modification times from fcrepo3 to fcrepo4
- Intra-repository referential integrity can be a pain point, but it has benefits too
- Updated scripts to use perf.log instead of the csv
- GitHub feature branch contains the generated reports
- Hydra: would like a concise report
- version of fedora
- configuration of fedora
- how tests relate to real-world questions
- what these tests mean to the fedora development team
- Colin has it covered
- Need estimates of storage and instances
- sometimes need 20-TB of data, for example
- i/o latency
- writes to /dev/null
- reads are based on hash of path of resource
+ Self and Yinlin to put in proposal https://aws.amazon.com/research-credits/
New performance reports
- Running against 4.7.1
- Waiting on open actions from fcrepo_perf
- Need documented process for end-to-end testing and reporting
+ create new wiki page : danny
- Colin Gross will finish up current GitHub issues: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo_perf_analysis/issues
- Andrew Woods and Yinlin Chen will work on AWS grant proposal, deadline 03/31/17, will have a draft for review on next meeting: https://aws.amazon.com/research-credits/
- Danny Bernstein and Longshou Situ will have a wiki page about a documented process for end-to-end testing and reporting