|Story (A paragraph or two describing what happens)|
The repository should proactively provide the capability to check and provide status on its contents out of the box. This could include the following:
- Maintain a registry of items (objects / resources) in the repository.
- Out of the box, routinely check the validity of all items at a frequency easily specified by a system administrator. For example, the default frequency could be annually, but easily configurable to quarterly. These checks may take considerable time and could be asynchronous.
- Log the results and notify the administrator of any errors.
- Provide the capability to obtain the overall health of the repository at any time, returning relatively recent rollup results. For example:
- Results could include how many items were checked in the last day/week/month/quarter year, any items that have not been checked in more than 3/6/12 months, and summary success / failure of the checks.
- Results could be summarized daily with the most recent daily result provided back to the original requester.