|Title (Goal)||Transformation of (meta)data for certain types of resources|
Repository architect & implementer
|Scope||architecture and access|
As a repository manager, I want to define external services to dynamically transform the (meta)data of certain types of repository resources so
These definitions can be made and maintained by metadata specialists with knowledge of rdf and related standards, rather than developers.
- Dynamic transformation of metadata formats, e.g MODS to Datacite
- Imagine a hierarchy of objects with model “geographical object”, each with point coordinates in rdf (wsg84) or maybe a kml datastream. A "geo" service for this object model has a method "kml representation of this object and all its child objects, recursively.”
- Imagine a setup where datasets, instuments, places etc. are stored as separate Fedora objects to facilitate reuse. A service for datasets can give a representation of the dataset within its context of instruments and places in xml or html. The latter can function as the dataset’s landing page.
- Transformation of data: image derivatives, excel to csv, netCDF to CDL, etc.
- In Fedora 3, disseminations provided by the Content Model Architecture support this use case.
- In many cases (especially with metadata), the transformations can be done with xslt.