Here are the release notes for the most recent version of Islandora, as well as links to the appropriate Github repositories. Islandora is released twice a year. Rather than waiting for the release, some institutions prefer to run closer to the most recent code (known as HEAD or the 7.x branch), where bugs might be fixed or new features added. If you encounter a bug in the release (there are always known issues), it's a good idea to review the Github repository for that module to see if a fix has been submitted. Islandora runs a continuous integration testing framework, which means that new code for Islandora is always tested before being merged.
|Solution Pack Basic Collection|
|Solution Pack PDF|
|Solution Pack Book|
|Solution Pack Compound||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Solution Pack Disk Image||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Solution Pack Entities||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Solution Pack Large Image|
|Solution Pack Newspaper||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Solution Pack Video|
|Solution Pack Web ARChive||7.x-1.12||Download|
Tools & Dependencies
|Islandora Book Batch||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Islandora Checksum Checker||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Islandora Newspaper Batch||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Islandora Simple Workflow||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Islandora Usage Stats||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Islandora XACML Editor||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Islandora XML Sitemap||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Islandora XML Forms||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Islandora Solr Metadata||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Islandora Solr Facet Pages||7.x-1.12||Download|
|Islandora Solr Views||7.x-1.12||Download|
Ontology (Only as reference)
Some quick notes on deprecations, new versions and fixes:
- Islandora Internet Archive Bookreader is currently using IA BookReader v1.x, which will be deprecated upon release in favor of IA BookReader v2.x for the Islandora 7.x-1.13 release.
- Islandora OAI now supports Qualified Dublin Core (QDC) as an output format.
- Islandora Scholar now uses v2.x of the Citeproc utility.
- Islandora Compound Solution Pack may now use Solr to aggregate compound objects as opposed to the triplestore.
- Islandora XACML Editor now has Drush scripts for applying XACML policies to objects and their children.
- Islandora Scholar Embargo now respect namespace restrictions.
Islandora has been tested with the following versions of major dependencies:
- Fedora 3.5, 3.6.1, 3.6.2, 3.7.0, 3.8.0, 3.8.1
- GSearch 2.6.2 - 2.8(Remote Solr), HEAD
- Solr 3.6.2, 4.2.0, 4.10.x
- PHP 5.3.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0.x, 7.1.x
- Djatoka 1.1
- Cantaloupe IIIF Image Server 3.4.x/3.5.x
- Java (Oracle) 7,8 (Djatoka requires Sun/Oracle Java). Java (Oracle) 6 as legacy version for older Fedora's. (Not recommended)
The following new features have been documented in the 7.x-1.12 release.
The following improvements have been documented in the 7.x-1.12 release.
The following bugs have been fixed and tested for the 7.x-1.12 release.
Code and Documentation Tasks
The following code tasks and documentation tasks were completed for the 7.x-1.12 release.
The following issues are known to still be active in the 7.x-1.12 release.
This release was brought to you by the loving, committed, multi lingual, never sleeping and altruistic members of the Islandora 7.x-1.12 Release Team, including
- Adam Vessey
- Alan Stanley
- Andrija Sagic
- Bayard Miller
- Benjamin Rosner
- Brandon Weigel
- Brian Harrington
- Bridger Dyson-Smith
- Bryan Brown
- Caleb Derven
- Carolyn Moritz
- Cricket Deane
- Daniel Aitken
- Diego Pino
- Don Richards
- Janice Banser
- Jared Whiklo
- Jonathan Green
- Jordan Dukart
- Julia Yu
- Keila Zayas Ruiz
- Mark Jordan
- Matthew Miguez
- Melissa Anez
- Michael Mohkamkar
- Nat Kanthan
- Nelson Hart
- Paul Cummins
- Peter MacDonald
- Rachel Smart
- Robin Dean
- Rosie Le Faive
- Scott Ziegler
- Wilhelmina Randtke
- William Panting