The Compound Solution pack module adds the ability to to create compound objects using objects created with any other Islandora solution pack by enabling a generic parent-child relationships between objects. The object view of a compound object is replaced by the view of its first child object. The included "Islandora Compound Object Navigation" block provides a thumbnail navigation of an object's siblings. A "Compound" management tab allows for the addition and removal of parent and child objects for each object.
Configuration options are available through the Compound objects administrative menu (admin/islandora/compound_object)
Release Notes and Downloads
Enable the module and if the navigation controls are desired, enable and configure the "Islandora Compound Object Navigation" block at /admin/structure/block.
To create a compound object:
- Go to parent collection.
- Click "Manage".
- Enable the "Compound Object" module under "Collection" tab, then click "Update Collection Policy".
- After enabling the compound object module, click the "Overview" tab then "Add an Object".
- Select "Compound Object" then "Next".
- Select "Compound Object MODS form" then "Next".
- Fill in the form then click "Next".
- Note that you will not be ingesting an object datastream at this point, you are just creating the "parent" compound object to add "child" objects to.
- After the compound object has been created, you can add "child" objects. Click "Manage" > "Compound".
- Under the "Add Child Object" field, enter the PID for each object to be added to the compound object, then click submit. If you do not use drush, you must do this once-at-a-time for each PID.
The module has documented configuration options at admin/islandora/solution_pack_config/compound_object.
By default, compound objects will be filtered from Solr search results. To change this, go to "Islandora" > "Compound Objects" > and change the Solr Filter Query from -RELS_EXT_isConstituentOf_uri_mt:* to RELS_EXT_isConstituentOf_uri_mt:* (i.e. remove the minus sign).
The "Islandora Compound Object Navigation" block can be themed. See theme_islandora_compound_prev_next().
A Drush command has been added, to be run from the command line (Terminal), that will update the existing rel-predicate of existing compound objects to 'isConstituentOf'. It can be run with the drush command 'drush update_rels_predicate'. This command accpets no arguments.
Content Models, Prescribed Datastreams and Forms
The Compound Solution Pack comes with the following objects in http://path.to.your.site/admin/islandora/solution_packs:
- Islandora Compound Object Content Model (islandora:compoundCModel)
- Compound Collection (islandora:compound_collection)
An image object created using the Compound Solution Pack's content model will have the following datastreams:
Default Fedora relationship metadata
|MODS||MODS record, created at time of ingest|
|DC||Dublin Core record|
Thumbnail image, created at time of ingest
The Compound Solution Pack comes with the Compound Object MODS form.