This action cannot be undone. You will not be asked to confirm your selection of objects to purge.
For larger batch deletions, Islandora supports removing multiple objects from a collection simultaneously - including any child collections. This tutorial will walk you through the steps for purging multiple objects.
1. Navigate to the collection you want to remove multiple objects from, and click the 'Manage' tab
This will take you to the collection's management page.
2. Click on the 'Collection' button
This will take you to the collection options page.
3. Click 'Delete members of this collection'
This will take you to the collection tool that allows you to remove multiple objects.
4. Choose the objects you would like to remove
There are a couple of different ways of doing this:
- Click the box beside each object you would like to remove to mark it for deletion.
- Alternatively, you can click the very top box to select all the objects on that page.
- Click 'Delete selected objects' to confirm the deletion.
You will not be prompted to confirm the deletion. All selected objects will now be removed from the repository.
To decrease load on the server, Islandora supports display and removal of no more than 50 objects at a time. If your collection contains more than 50 objects, they will be displayed across multiple pages, and page navigation options will appear above the object list. Drupal does not remember checked selections between pages, so you can only delete what is visible on a single page.