The LD4P Profiles Working Group is charged with establishing best practices for how the Cohort will create, edit, and share profiles within a collaborative environment (Sinopia) and for storing and accessing these files in Github. These best practices are intended to facilitate and guide early profile editor use (from the initial release of the profile editor to approximately 3 months after the release of Sinopia for active use), not to serve as a formal standard or application profile for PCC or any other group. The Working Group will confer with those involved in training to highlight best practices, but will not be developing training itself. The Working Group should complete its work by April of 2019. If interest in profiles continues after the Working Group has completed its work, an Affinity Group may be formed to pursue relevant issues. The full charge is available here.
Nancy Lorimer (Stanford University)
Paloma Graciani Picardo (Harry Ransom Center, U Texas Austin)
Working group email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Training for Sinopia Profile Editor
- Creating (sub)directories in GitHub PowerPoint | GoogleSheets
- Orientation to the Sinopia Profile Editor PowerPoint | GoogleSheets
- Creating a Profile from Scratch PowerPoint | GoogleSheets
- Creating a New Profile from an Existing Profile PowerPoint | GoogleSheets
- Uploading Profile into the Linked Data Editor PowerPoint | GoogleSheets
- Uploading a Profile to GitHub PowerPoint | GoogleSheets
- Uploading a Profile to the Profile Editor from GitHub or your Computer for Editing/Cloning PowerPoint | GoogleSheets
Questions about the LC Profile Editor & Editor?
- Go to Slack channels #profiles, or #bfe_questions
- google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RfxmUt9CnRzV2eEndlHNenPVGPjoDLIgIrAJi9pfeAo/edit?usp=sharing