VIVO [Pronunciation: /viːvəʊ/ or vee-voh] is member-supported, open source software and an ontology for representing scholarship. VIVO supports recording, editing, searching, browsing and visualizing scholarly activity. VIVO encourages research discovery, expert finding, network analysis and assessment of research impact. VIVO is easily extended to support additional domains of scholarly activity.
Search the VIVO Wiki
- VIVO 2018 will be held at the JB Duke Hotel in Durham, North Carolina, June 6-8, 2018. http://vivoconference.org
- Fall VIVO Camp is being planned. Comments and questions to email@example.com
- Conferences Attended and to Attend lists upcoming conferences of interest to the VIVO community. If you are attending an upcoming conference, please add to the list, and consider organizing a VIVO session or presentation.
What is VIVO?
- A short tour of VIVO | Technical specs | FAQs | Considering VIVO
- VIVO is used at many institutions around the world
- The latest version of VIVO is 1.9.3, released in October 2017. See what's new
- VIVO is a project of Duraspace
- Support VIVO through membership in Duraspace
VIVO developers and implementers
- VIVO is a Java Enterprise application built around the Jena Semantic Web Framework. Download VIVO's source code on GitHub
- VIVO technical documentation
- VIVO roadmap and release planning
- Want to quickly install and evaluate VIVO? Install a VIVO Vagrant
- VIVO uses a collection of ontologies to provide an extensible data standard for describing scholarship
- VIVO-ISF, the VIVO Integrated Semantic Framework, is the core VIVO ontology
- OpenRIF (Open Research Information Framework) is an open source project that works to develop and align information models including VIVO-ISF.
- SPARQL is the query language for semantic data. Learn more about SPARQL.
Participate in the VIVO community
- Join one of the VIVO email lists to participate in discussions, ask questions, learn more
- Follow us on social media – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blog
- Join Slack here: http://bit.ly/vivo-slack
- Participate in interest groups
Join or create a task force to get work done
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with problems logging on to or accessing this wiki.