Please add additional agenda items or updates
- Colorado – closed for snow today (18"); have downloaded 1.4 for a grad student to work with and will be trying to update Selenium scripts used for loading data into 1.3 so can go from 1.2 to 1.4 in production.
- North Texas – update in progress
- Stony Brook – updated to 1.4!
- Weill Cornell – continuing to work on name matches with Scopus data; people may have different affiliations and there can be incorrect data in large databases like this. Are querying by affiliation to find Weill Cornell people but sometimes see different affiliation information in profiles. Are observing upgrades to 1.4 before deciding when to upgrade themselves.
- went to a "big data" meeting where there was talk of Pig, a Hadoop cluster, and there is apparently work out of Germany called PigSPARQL using this infrastructure to distribute SPARQL queries across multiple machines
- VIVO 1.4 released on 12/20
- Changes to http://vivo.sourceforge.net
- Planning the 1.5 release – major goals already identified and how to provide input
- Alex's http://vivobuff.tumblr.com/ and http://vivobuff.tumblr.com/submit
- via Alex: new intro to linked data: http://openorg.ecs.soton.ac.uk/wiki/Linked_Data_Guide_for_Newbies
Notable Development List Traffic
- Jess – accessing solr (Cliff also having a similar problem with Vitro)
- Cliff got all the way through the new diagnostics; looking at status report in site admin, and turned out to be a problem with the ownership of the /usr/local/vitro/data/solr directory
- The /usr/local/tomcat/logs directory also needs to be writable by the user that tomcat is running as – in an Ubuntu or other packaged deployment of Tomcat this may not initially be configured correctly for VIVO or Vitro
- Tammy – incomplete sparkline graphs
- David Cliff posted changes to support shorter, tabbed pages as an alternative to the single long individual display page in VIVO
- Vincent – logging listener
- Tammy – assignment of miscellaneous document types to BIBO classes via the Harvester
- Chris Kelleher – documentation for the linked data index builder
1. Please join my meeting. https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/322087560
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (773) 897-3008
Access Code: 322-087-560
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 322-087-560