Graham Triggs is the new VIVO Technical Lead. Please welcome Graham Triggs as the new VIVO Technical Lead. Graham is currently with Symplectic as Head of Repository Systems. Graham is quite familiar with VIVO and engineered and implemented the Symplectic/VIVO connector. He was also a committer to the VIVO 1.8 release. Graham will join the VIVO Project on September 21 and attend the VIVO conference – please introduce yourself. See the full announcement here.
The VIVO Conference is August 12-14 in Cambridge, MA. The VIVO Conference ihas six great workshops that will provide you with an opportunity to learn more about VIVO and related topics:
- Ontology Editing and Creating Semantic Applications. Presenters: Rebecca Younes, Jon Corson-Rikert and Jim Blake, Cornell University
- Getting More From Your VIVO: Generating Reports and Functional Datasets For Analysis. Presenters: Mike Conlon, VIVO Project Director; Shahim Essaid, OHSU; Melissa Haendel, OHSU; Kristi Holmes, Northwestern
- Introduction to VIVO: Planning, Policy, and Implementation. Presenters: Julia Trimmer, Duke University; Liz Tomich, University of Colorado-Boulder; Michealeen Trimarchi, Scripps Research Institute; Robert McDonald, Indiana University; Paul Albert, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Altmetrics 101 - Hands on Introduction to Altmetrics. Presenters: Andrea Michalek, Plum Analytics; Stacy Konkiel, Altmetric
- Awesome Apps to Enhance Your VIVO. Presenters: Violeta Ilik, Northwestern University, Alexandre Rademaker, Fundação Getulio Vargas & IBM Research, Chris Barnes, University of Florida; Ted Lawless, Brown University; and Jim Blake, Cornell University
- Managing Your Data Flows: Architecture and Data Provenance For Your Institution. Presenters: John Fereira, Cornell University; Violeta Ilik, Northwestern University; Alex Viggio, Symplectic Ltd.
See you in Cambridge at the workshops! Register here: VIVO Conference Registration.
Steering Group elections will be held this week and next. This week Leadership Group members will elect three new members to the Steering Group. Next week, the community liaisons for the 23 VIVO member institutions will elect two additional members to the Steering Group. Is your organization a member? If not, you can join now. Contact me regarding membership for your organization.
Roadmap Task Force is forming. You may have received a separate email from me regarding the formation of the roadmap task force. The task force will meet over the next three weeks to review and analyze the survey results, develop a high-level roadmap, and present that roadmap to the Leadership Group at their next meeting. A draft charter is available here: 2016 VIVO Roadmap Task Force. Please contact me if you are interested in serving on this important task force.
We had very good response to the survey. Thanks to all who responded. Community input is a key element in setting direction for the the project. Thanks agin.
Outreach and Engagement Work Group calls start this Tuesday. As reported previously, the Outreach and Engagement workgroup, co-chaired by Julia Trimmer of Duke and Kristi Holmes of Northwestern, will be restarting its regular call series beginning Tuesday, July 21 at 1 PM Eastern. See Outreach and Engagement Interest Group for call details. All are welcome.
Looking forward to seeing you all in Cambridge!
VIVO Project Director