Friday May 26, 2017, 2 PM EST
Steering Group Members
= note taker
|1||Review Agenda||2 min||All|
|2||Updates||15 min||All||See below|
|3||Conference update||15 min||Alex||Program, sponsorship, registration|
|4||Roundtable||25 min||All||Steering group members share thoughts and news|
|5||Future topics||3 min||All||Leadership Meeting at Conference, Strategic Plan, Version 1.10, next VIVO Camp, Open Repositories, Steering Group elections|
- New at Duraspace
- Duraspace code of conduct. https://goo.gl/AGQ8Up
- One web site initiative. Duraspace is planning to consolidate its nine web properties into one integrated WordPress site. http://vivoweb.org would remain as a redirected URL to http://duraspace.org/vivo. Look and feel would be consistent with new Duraspace look and feel while retaining VIVO content. Headers and footer would be consistent across Duraspace sites. Implemented in WordPress. Result would be much easier to maintain, and more functional. Likely an improvement in look as well, and lower costs.
- New hires Erin Tripp (Business Development, Service Providers) started May 1, Michele Mennielli (Partnerships, International/Europe) starts August 1.
- Opportunities for rotating development sprints with Fedora, Dspace, Duracloud. The idea is that Graham would participate in sprints for these projects, and these projects would in turn participate in sprints for VIVO.
- New Duraspace board members Kaitlyn Thaney, Dr. Wolfram Horstmann, see http://duraspace.org/articles/3156
- Monthly column on VIVO and open profiles. See http://vivoweb.org/who-should-have-profile
- Membership drive is underway.
- TIB is new bronze member
- TIB is doing a great job promoting VIVO at vendor conferences and at meetings of institutional users.
- "VIVO is the most exciting topic in librarianship in Germany."
- Please volunteer for membership task force
- TIB is new bronze member
- Mike will visit DTU Denmark, September 14 for a workshop regarding their national level VIVO implementation and their DTU implementation.
- Camp wrap-up
- Attendees from MIT, University of Auckland, Stanford (3), University of New Mexico (3), Universidad del Rosario (2), McMaster, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, UNAVCO.
- Prospects from camp added to CRM, mailing lists, and prospect spreadsheet above.
- Next camp – Oct/Nov? Host? (need 30 seat classroom with projector, wifi, laptop power for 2.5 days, preferably low to no cost) Joint with another event? (potential cost savings for instructors and attendees)
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund in Durham offers free space for a non-profit.
- VIVO Conference registration
- Jim Hendler has been added to the program slate.
- 58 paid registrations and 43 hotel room bookings (including a few for Symplectic event or VIVO keynotes/invited)
- We would still like to raise another 13k in sponsorship dollars.
- Would like to see more participation for students.
- We should reach out to institutions individually.
- Late breaking call is June 12.
- Other sites
- Call with U. of Michigan. Looking to do an implementation of VIVO.
- U. Virginia might have renewed interest in VIVO as a result of THRIV http://thriv.virginia.edu/