Friday July 21, 2017, 2 PM EST
Steering Group Members
= note taker
|1||Review Agenda||2 min||All|
|2||Updates||5 min||All||See below|
|3||V 1.10 update||10 min||Graham||RDF 1.1, TPF, ORCiD 2.0, Beta Bootstrap theme.|
|4||OR updates||10 min||Mike||Tom Cramer (see Emerging Verticals), Mark Fallu. Emphasizing/ capitalizing on connected graph of scholarship. De-emphasizing profiles. Research Graph opportunity.|
|5||Conference updates||10 min||Alex||Prep good, attendance down? (165 → 145 → 129+). Will have net revenue. Ideas for 2018.|
|6||Round table||20 min||All||What's happening of interest to us?|
|7||Future topics||3 min||All|
- Steering Group nominations/elections. See 2017 Procedure for Steering Group Elections. Dean, Kristi, Melissa terms are ending. No term limits.
- Mike has been receiving nominations.
- Membership and support
- One or more sites planning to join as members
- One or more sites considering increasing their membership level
- Melbourne will not renew their VIVO platinum membership.
- TIB workshop September 28, Hannover, Germany. https://events.tib.eu/vivoworkshop2017/
- Mike: looking forward to learning who has a VIVO project in Germany. One-day event
- InfLibNet workshop, Gandhinagar, India, Aug 16-18 http://inflibnet.ac.in/hrd/login.php
- Ticketed event. Three days. Looking to increase adoption.
- Task force updates
- Ontology improvement – gathering committers, developing update process, building an ontology file
- Internationalization – list of issues to address in Jira, organize repositories to simplify finding and building internationalized versions
- Wrote a script to find stray English in the templates, show calling tree – what templates use which other templates
- 1.10 update
- Working on ORCID API to 2.0. Current ORCiD API will be decommissioned at the end of the year.
- It should be relatively straightforward to backport the API update to 1.9.
- Open Repositories
- Mike spoke to Tom Cramer. Stanford will be creating a VIVO instance, branded as "Rialto". See Emerging Verticals.
- Congrats on having Stanford. Is there an opportunity to do a co-presentation like at CNI? Fantastic idea - especially if they could share the analysis they did.
- Tom has a lot of good insight the graph of connected data regarding scholarship produced by VIVO
- Conference Updates
- Registration picking up
- Look to be above break even
- Cornell is working to simplify the creation of custom forms in Vitro for its VitroLib editor; hoping to fold this back into the core of the Vitro system. Will turn this into a production tool for libraries. Scholars@Cornell will be live at the end of the month.
- UCSF is trying to put together a version of Profiles that has all the UC medical schools (n=5) in it. We're seeing more and more pragmatic use cases for integrating researcher networking sites.
- Mike Conlon will follow up with some sites to see how their implementations are going