- Dong Joon (DJ) Lee
- Muhammad Javed
- Juliane Schneider
- Marijane White
- Brian Lowe
- Mike Conlon
- Graham Triggs
- Tatiana Walther
- A description of the scope of VIVO and its ontologies in content & quality. In order to ensure that the scope is well-defined, it might help to collect local ontology extensions from individual implementations and see if there is a common need that VIVO doesn't address.
- Develop a process for reporting ontology needs. Currently there are several places this might be done. We should have a place that is sufficient for the work and can be shared broadly.
- Make two ontology changes (one relatively easy, and one that would require a change in the software) and then deliver a technical plan and a communication plan to support these changes.
- Recap of discussion at Birds of a Feather meeting at conference.
- Next steps for deliverable 2 – a wiki page?
- Update on action items (see below)
- Process for making changes – see Ontology Change Process (draft) https://goo.gl/3ZMSwC
Notes will be available at https://github.com/openrif/vivo-isf-ontology/wiki
- Deliverable 1 has been completed. See https://goo.gl/vRkQl4
- Create a group of committers and reviewers. See https://github.com/openrif/vivo-isf-ontology
- Create a folder of exported VIVO ontology files from VIVO 1.9.2. See https://goo.gl/kUjT1Q
Triage and move issues from community repository to the master repository. Done
Issues moved from community to vivo-isf-ontology. Tagged VIVO as appropriate.
Additional issues opened in community
Issues from VIVO JIRA added to community of vivo-isf-ontology as appropriate
VIVO JIRA ontology issues opened to stay in synch (2 pending close were not added)
- 18 issues in community, 37 vivo issues in vivo-isf, 45 ontology issues in VIVO Jira
Explore track changes in Web protege (done?)
Complete deliverable 2 (next step?)
Explore Robot tool (actively supported) for ontology improvement and VIVO extraction. Run their tests (in progress)
Complete the Ontology Change Process. See https://goo.gl/3ZMSwC (in progress)
Create a viable VIVO-ISF master containing VIVO ontologies (in progress)
See summary of ontology sources here: https://goo.gl/Wztgon
Javed to present his ontology for tracking ontology changes at a future meeting (August 28?)
Define roles and responsibilities of participants -- analyst, editor, committer, tester (not started)
Create workflows and documentation (“instruction manuals”) for each of those roles (not started)