Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Webex link is here.

Attendees

Deliverables

  1. A description of the scope of VIVO and its ontologies in content & quality.  In order to ensure that the scope is well-defined, it might help to collect local ontology extensions from individual implementations and see if there is a common need that VIVO doesn't address.
  2. Develop a process for reporting ontology needs.  Currently there are several places this might be done.  We should have a place that is sufficient for the work and can be shared broadly.
  3. Make two ontology changes (one relatively easy, and one that would require a change in the software) and then deliver a technical plan and a communication plan to support these changes.

Agenda

  1. Recap of Friday meeting to assess the state of source.owl
  2. Muhammad Javed will discuss ontology change management

Notes

Notes will be available at https://github.com/openrif/vivo-isf-ontology/wiki

Completed items

  1. Deliverable 1 has been completed.  See https://goo.gl/vRkQl4
  2. Create a group of committers and reviewers.  See https://github.com/openrif/vivo-isf-ontology
  3. Create a folder of exported VIVO ontology files from VIVO 1.9.2.  See https://goo.gl/kUjT1Q
  4. Explore track changes in WebProtege.  Done.  No interest from the group in WebProtege.
  5. Triage and move issues from community repository to the master repository. Done

    1. Issues moved from community to vivo-isf-ontology.  Tagged VIVO as appropriate.

    2. Additional issues opened in community

    3. Issues from VIVO JIRA added to community of vivo-isf-ontology as appropriate

    4. VIVO JIRA ontology issues opened to stay in synch (2 pending close were not added)

    5. 18 issues in community,  37 vivo issues in vivo-isf, 45 ontology issues in VIVO JIRA
  6. A preliminary version of filegraph.owl has been completed and is available for inspection in the Google Drive folder:  https://goo.gl/TLjNdj  Notes regarding this file are available here:  https://goo.gl/pxAVH1

Action items

  1. Complete deliverable 2.  The draft process is complete with comments resolved and RACI chart included. Please see https://goo.gl/6ZYqry

  2. Explore Robot tool (actively supported) for ontology improvement and VIVO extraction. Run their tests (in progress)

  3. Create a viable VIVO-ISF master containing VIVO ontologies (in progress)

    1. See summary of ontology sources here:  https://goo.gl/Wztgon

    2. See filegraph.owl in Google Drive folder here:  https://goo.gl/TLjNdj

  4. Javed to present his ontology for tracking ontology changes at a future meeting (will be complete Aug 28)

  5. Define roles and responsibilities of participants -- analyst, editor, committer, tester (complete, see RACI chart in process doc draft here:  https://goo.gl/6ZYqry

  6. Create workflows and documentation (“instruction manuals”) for each of those roles (not started, likley one page each in the vivo-isf wiki)