Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Call-in Information

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)

To join the online meeting:

Slack

Development Process

Attendees

(star) Indicating note-taker

  1. Ralph O'Flinn
  2. Benjamin Gross
  3. Kitio Fofack
  4. Tim Worrall (star)
  5. Andrew Woods
  6. Huda Khan
  7. Don Elsborg
  8. Marijane White
  9. Muhammad Javed
  10. Jim Blake
  11. Martin Barber

Agenda

  1. Reorganizing Github organizations and projects
    1. vivo-project
    2. vivo-community
    3. vivo-archive
  2. Tickets previously discussed
    1. VIVO-1438 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Reopened, pending response to GitHub comments
  3. Review and testing needed
    1. VIVO-1405 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Was Closed, moved to In-Review
      2. Pull requests have not been reviewed/merged
    2. VIVO-1408 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Was Closed, moved to In-Review
      2. Pull requests have not been reviewed/merged
    3. VIVO-1447 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Coming out of the ontology IG
  4. Pull-request with no apparent ticket
    1. https://github.com/vivo-project/VIVO/pull/44 - dating back to 2016
  5. Tickets being worked or considered?
    1. VIVO-114 - Getting issue details... STATUS  - Ralph O'Flinn
  6. Sprint planning
    1. April Sprint tasks  – (brainstorming candidate topics)
      1. VIVO-1410 - Getting issue details... STATUS  - several dependent tasks mentioned in this ticket
      2. Decoupling of search index
      3. Ontology updates
      4. Multi-language support
  7. Aligning technical initiatives meeting... TBD
    1. Establishing a shared understanding of focus and priorities across the three groups: Steering, Product Evolution, and Committers
  8. Interest in a development workshop at VIVO2018 – Learning how to develop in the core, issue a pull request, and get your pull request merged.

Discussion items

Draft notes in Google-Doc

  • Reorganizing Github organizations and projects

Andrew described the github organizations and projects, which came out of the weekly committer meetings.

vivo-community: community-based projects that have relevance/value to VIVO.

vivo-archive: self-explanatory

Ralph: should we see if anyone wants to pick up any projects before they get moved to the archive? Andrew: Agreed   

Jim - Keep vivo-languages in main vivo-project repo

Call for adding Ted Lawless’ VIVO Vagrant repo into one of the VIVO organization repos (seconded by Don)   

Active repos should have 2 active participants (committers?)

  • Tickets previously discussed

Benjamin: wants to look at the last commit for this. Is committing English acceptable as a placeholder? Consensus was yes.

Andrew: put a call out to the community to get the English replaced with Spanish

Benjamin will do the primary approval

1405 and 1408 predate these meetings with Andrew.

Ralph: cached assets have been a problem with VIVO.

Tim has approved this and is prepared to do the merge but needs a second approval. Ralph will take a look as well.

Huda will take a look at this one later in the week. Tim will be the second reviewer.

Ralph: can we tag these issues to identify what part of the app they involve? That way people could get notified on issues that correspond to their expertise.

Javed to take a look at this issue and will add a comment to the issue. Don will also add comments to this Jira issue.

(Ontology overrides should go in a third tier, per Javed. Digression on ontology changes between Javed and Don. Don suggesting project documentation that outlines ontology changes to make upgrades easier.)

  • Interest in a development workshop at VIVO2018 – Learning how to develop in the core, issue a pull request, and get your pull request merged.

Don and Huda would organize a “deep dive” into the VIVO code at the VIVO conference. Don: could we do something that could result in a pull request?

Ralph and Andrew second this idea.

Jim: this workshop wasn’t listed in the available workshops at the conference.

General discussion on issues that occur in this type of workshop and how to get this workshop onto the conference agenda. Benjamin and Kitio both interested in attending the workshop.


Action items

  • Mike Conlon will repair permissions in the repos to allow reviews

Recent JIRA Tickets

    1. Tickets created in the last 30 days:

       Click here to expand...

      T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
      Loading...
      Refresh

    2. Tickets resolved in the last 30 days:

       Click here to expand...

      T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
      Loading...
      Refresh

    3. Bugs

       Click here to expand...

      T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
      Loading...
      Refresh