Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Call-in Information

Time: 12:00 pm, Eastern Time (New York, GMT-05:00)

To join the online meeting:

Attendees

(star)  Indicating note-taker

  1. Justin Littman
  2. Ralph O'Flinn
  3. Alex Viggio
  4. Benjamin Gross
  5. Brian Lowe
  6. Huda Khan 
  7. Jim Blake
  8. Richard Outten
  9. Andrew Woods 

Agenda

  1. Logistics

    1. Flights? 
    2. Hotels - greenlight
      1. La Quinta Inn near airport: https://www.lq.com/en/hotels/florida/orlando/orlando-airport-north
  2. Defining the outputs of the fly-in
    1. Architectural diagrams
      1. Top-level and Detailed, component-level
      2. APIs and services, specified
    2. Features spreadsheet
      1. Questions to answer:
        1. What will the product will do/support?
        2. What additional business value-add can the re-architecture offer?
        3. What are core? and why?
        4. Which features are in/out/optional?
        5. What audiences are specific features for?
        6. What are the logical groupings for features into modules?
        7. Will we offer multiple product distributions, analogous to VIVO/Vitro?
          1. Perhaps an "enterprise VIVO" vs. a "small-shop VIVO" vs. Vitro
  3. Meeting schedule leading up to Jan 29th
    1. Jan 10th @noon ET
    2. Jan 24th @noon ET

Notes 

Audio recording

In addition to comments below, notes were also collected on the feature spreadsheet.

  1. Suggestion: Meet for dinner on Monday

Features

  1. Ontology editing?
  2. Content editing?
    • Can content editing be decoupled from read-only rendering
  3. Keep Freemarker pattern?
  4. Configuration
    • Move away from RDF?
    • What do we need in an admin UI?
    • What configuration do we need? and how do we make it available?
  5. Action: All to add "priority" column for each of us into the feature spreadsheet
  6. This group needs to focus on the 2019 plan, but with an eye towards where we would like to be in 5+ years
    • Is there a progressive, incremental plan?
  7. Ontology is a key feature
  8. Editing content
    • Very important to some, not others
    • Is end-user editing a priority?

ACTIONS


Collection of existing architecture diagrams / resources

Discussion

Previous Actions

  • Collect diagrams Cornell (Huda)

  • Collect diagrams Opera (Brian)

  • Collect diagrams Rialto (Justin)

  • Collect diagrams Duke (Richard)

  • ACTION: ALL to help enumerate list of current features "Feature audit" (Google-doc)

    • What to carry forward
    • What to leave out
  • Andrew to Potentially poll the community
  • No labels