- Develop frontend elements to administrate custom roles in VIVO
For VIVO to be successful in Germany there need to be some extra features regarding editing, validating, privacy and administration. There's a need for custom roles who for example are only allowed to edit publications or project information. Disclaimer: This draft is incomplete!
- Clone roles
- Edit roles
- Delete non-default roles (not self-editor, editor, curator etc.)
- import and export of roles, including set of rights
Where do roles appear in VIVO?
User Account Management
- Generate dynamic list of all existing roles
- Test, if multiple roles are shown in the user account table
- Develop a matrix / table view to allow to administrate the set of rights belonging to a property or class in the ontology editor.
Checkboxes for the three permissions (display, update, publish), for each role (one in a row)
"Striped" table to avoid wrong clicks in the wrong line
"Submit changes" necessary for the whole page to prevent accidental changes
- New menu item: Role management
Control the permission to display web pages. Menu similar to Ontology Editor integration.
- This idea was discussed at the VIVO meetup at SWIB 2017
- We'll add a mockup of the role management.