Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern standard time (GMT-5) – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com
Please add additional agenda items or updates – we always welcome suggestions
Don't forget to register for the Conference – early bird registration ends Thursday, May 31
- Weill Cornell – 1) Continue to ingest profile data and publications to the new Linux VM; 2) Working on launching Fuseki ... ClassNotFoundException: net.rootdev.fusekisdbconnect.SDBConnect ??? Where to get the jar file?
- North Texas –
- Johns Hopkins –
- Indiana –
- Florida –
- Duke –
- Cornell –
- Brown –
Demo if indirect screen sharing cooperates
Nicholas Skaggs, formerly of UF and noted Harvester developer, is hoping to be able to do a demonstration of installing VIVO and related tools using juju – see Development Call 20120524 notes for details
Discussion of web services for the new VIVO RDF API
We in the home stretch for the VIVO 1.5 code freeze in mid-June and want to discuss the RDF API with Harvester developers. In addition to freeing VIVO to connect to triple stores other than Jena's SDB, this new RDF API is designed to make it possible to read and write RDF through SPARQL queries, and to do so in ways that will trigger search indexing and recompute inferences as necessary. This will bring VIVO and the Harvester that much closer together and help avoid some of the pitfalls of loading data via the Harvester and not seeing it until the search index has been regenerated.
The goal of this discussion is to discuss general requirements, the features of the new API, and specifications for a web service to call the API from the Harvester or other applications.
Notable Development List Traffic
- Search interface using FunnelBack on the University of Melbourne Find an Expert system
- More discussion about Add/Remove RDF data, especially with large batches of data
- A software developer job on the VIVO team at the University of Colorado - job link
Reminder: new site for networking about VIVO implementations and related tools
Vince set up a VIVO site on Amazon to serve as a demo and a place to put information about VIVO exploration and implementation efforts (as well as production sites). We will provide log in information on the call and encourage all sites to put information about the version of VIVO they are running, the people involved, and additional tools used.
Feedback is welcome on what else could be added – e.g., skills, data sources, needs, job descriptions
Items for next week
1. Please join my meeting. https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/322087560
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (773) 897-3008
Access Code: 322-087-560
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 322-087-560