Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern standard time (GMT-5) – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com
Please add additional agenda items or updates – we always welcome suggestions
- Weill Cornell –
- North Texas – Cliff is moving on to a new position; will keep in touch
- Johns Hopkins –
- Indiana – new map of science work just checked in to SVN
- Florida –
- Duke –
- Cornell –
- Brown –
A software developer job on the VIVO team at the University of Colorado - job link is open until June 13
CV and Biosketch capability being rolled out at UF
Vince and others have been working on installing and testing the Digital Vita Docs mini-grant work, a collaboration between Stella Mitchell and the Digital Vita team at Pittsburgh. They are extending the tool to support NSF as well as NIH biosketches, and working on finding why a few very large profiles are not being processed completely.
Debugging large RDF additions and retractions
We have recently encountered some strange behavior, including progressive slowing down and dropped triples, on ingest of large files of RDF; breaking the files into smaller chunks of 20-50,000 RDF triples helps but we are trying to rule out problems with the reasoner by turning off the reasoning and search index listeners on a test basis.
Notable Development List Traffic
- public vs. private displays and how that applies to linked data
- is there an API that I can use to add/retrieve data to/from VIVO/VITRO programmatically?
- what it means when you get a "Quick Notes on Using Individual:" message (individual not found)
- when using the ANDS Vivo ontology with VIVO, in what field do we put a link to the actual dataset?
- trying to retrieve the co-author network as a standalone page from vivo without header and footer, to display it in another application. So far I’ve come up with:
- Getting the visualization to use a different template. I got stuck after a while trying to follow the class + template logic and location of all the files that need to be changed. Also I’m worried this will all need to be redone after an upgrade?
- Creating a new theme without a header/footer, but then I would need to supply the theme as a url parameter to be able to call a standalone page. Is there a url parameter to change themes?
- In the visualization java code there is mention of a standalone parameter but this doesn’t seem to do anything.
Could anyone give me a direction on the best approach?
- errors reported from search indexing, and a technique to locate the source from Simon Porter
Items for next week
- More about the VIVO RDF API coming in version 1.5
- other updates on the 1.5 release
1. Please join my meeting. https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/322087560
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (773) 897-3008
Access Code: 322-087-560
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 322-087-560