Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern daylight time (GMT-5) – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com
Please add additional agenda items or updates --
Jim Blake will be leading this week's call.
- Working through some faculty profiles data. Setting up a staging server and using "change namespace". Wondering how to automate that staging.
- Getting feedback from faculty, caring more about their data. Need to update to 1.5.1. Stephen will be joining in about a week.
- Re-wrote indexing engine, but breaks some of the user interface. Wondering how to commit it to the repository.
- Setting up 1.4.1, wanting to test the 1.5.1 release candidate.
- Changes to ORNG code will soon be ready. Working with IU on ideas for an RDF-based gadget.
- Working with Brian Caruso to improve database performance by configuring MySQL and simplifying some queries.
Update on VIVO 1.5.1
Code repository and tracker discussion
Last week's meeting resolved to go ahead with the move from SVN on SourceForge to Git on Github. The consensus of the call was to also start fresh with the tracker on Github, but the time tracking and component and release-level reporting may not be replicated there. Further comments are welcome, especially from people with experience using the Github tracker.
Notable Development List Traffic
- Removing stopwords from search index
- Excluding domains from search index
- New idea at IdeaScale - branching models
Additional from Indiana University
Trying to improve response time in visualizations.
Expecting to put 2 weeks of effort into improving the strategies.
Perhaps changing the cache strategies?
Need a large dataset to test with, something that can be read into 1.5
Vince will help Chin Hua use the exported Florida data.
Note that we will be moving this call to WebEx in 1 week, on October 4
1. Please join my meeting. https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/322087560
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (773) 897-3008
Access Code: 322-087-560
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 322-087-560