Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern daylight time (GMT-5) – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com
These calls now use WebEx – see the "Call-in Information" at the bottom of this page.
Please add additional agenda items or updates
Jon Corson-Rikert will be leading this week's call.
- Brown (Ted) - continuing to load data. Will have to address author disambiguation because publications were captured separately from each faculty member's CV.
- Colorado (Alex and Stephen) - have upgraded data transform process from 1.2 to 1.5.1 and are ready for testing. Modified the about.ftl file so it looks for an about.ftl file in the locally-added theme first – they will need to have a slightly different theme for the Colorado Springs campus.
- Cornell - about to deploy a 'quick view' with less profile information exposed an a prominent photo of the person's preferred web page, as well as a long profile with the sections (property groups) collapsed by default. Using institutional internal class to limit the orgs showing up on menu pages to those from Cornell
- Duke (Richard, Sheri) – finding that labels are duplicated, not replaced, when try to change them. Using a named graph for HR data – may not be specifying the graph when make changes, and the default kb2 graph is used unless another one is specified.
- Indiana – Chin Hua wrote that is trying to get back to the caching improvements to allow Florida to generate a Map of Science for all its publications in VIVO, and hopes to do so before the end of the year
- Johns Hopkins (Jing) – working on HR ingest from LDAP
- Weill - 1) Working to fix special characters issue. See https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30068325. Configure to tdb as default for Harvester? 2) Setting up to run Harvester on Red Cloud, a Cornell virtual computing service that uses Eucalyptus
The Move to Git/GitHub
- Any further updates on using Git in practice and tools – people seem to be working with the new Git setup
- Reading resources – please add any others you know here
- Setting up Git on your machine – https://help.github.com/articles/set-up-git
- GitFlow Site - http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/
- A Guide to GitFlow - http://yakiloo.com/getting-started-git-flow/
- Pro Git Book - http://git-scm.com/book
- Git Cheat Sheet - http://www.git-tower.com/files/cheatsheet/Git_Cheat_Sheet_grey.pdf
Identifying and Prioritizing Development Tasks for VIVO 1.6 and Beyond
Jon has started a VIVO v1.6 release planning page and is collecting current ideas and gathering unaddressed issues that still seem relevant from previous road maps and development plans.
Given that we no longer have full-time, grant-funded teams of developers it's important that the tasks identified will address immediate needs and either attract direct design, development, or testing participation by implementing sites and partners in the VIVO DuraSpace community.
This week will open a multi-week discussion aimed at soliciting input on tasks, identifying the feasibility and level of effort required, exploring ways to implement major improvements in stages, and proposing priorities.
Notable Development List Traffic
- Page management bugs in 1.5 (Hillary) - fixed in 1.5.1 – You should be able to get your NU Organizations page set up, just like Grants, but you'll need to start by deleting the existing version of NU Organizations first and recreating it from scratch.
- Note that we have identified a bug in menu page management when using the institutional internal class
- Strata salary survey (Alex)
- Removing special characters from Jena model (Eliza)
- Has anyone been able to do SPARQL updates via Fuseki? Jim Blake will be looking into a test installation of Fuseki and document any remaining configuration questions
- How to reify – How can I express reification in VIVO? Say, TOM was the CEO of COMPANY A in 2011? I cannot find anywhere in VIVO to specify this.
- (Stephen) VIVO doesn't use reification. We do something different with items like position. We create an node/element for the position which has object properties that link to the person and to the department or company that they work for. It also has data properties for things like start and end date. Which version of VIVO are you using? If you are using the 1.5.1 application you should be able to create a person and then at the the top of their profile add a position with start and end dates. After you do that, look at the RDF for the individual to see how everything is laid out in the VIVO ontology.
Topic: VIVO weekly developer call
Date: Every Thursday, no end date
Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 645 873 290
To join the online meeting
- Go to https://cornelluniversity.webex.com/cornelluniversity/j.php?ED=161711167&UID=1278154642&PW=NMWM4ZDNhYWZm&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- Click "Join".
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link: https://cornelluniversity.webex.com/cornelluniversity/j.php?ED=161711167&UID=1278154642&PW=NMWM4ZDNhYWZm&ORT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D
To join the audio conference only
- To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-855-244-8681
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3207
- Global call-in numbers: https://cornelluniversity.webex.com/cornelluniversity/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=161711167&tollFree=1
- Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
Access code:645 873 290