Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern daylight time (GMT-5) – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com
These calls now use WebEx – see the "Call-in Information" at the bottom of this page.
Please add additional agenda items or updates --
- Stony Brook
- how to share common vocabularies – how to collaborate on this and where to host/store the data
- Jon suggesting extending a service like the UMLS service built at Stony Brook – does such a list exist; if not, where would be put it; how would you access it
According to http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wa-datasets/ the British government posted research funding datasets online as RDF data. Tammy is currently checking to see if the US has posted any such data.
- Updated to VIVO 1.5.1, but having re-index errors and mailing list thread hasn't been resolved... discussed on call... possible root cause is bad data in MySQL evidenced by repeated errors in logs...
- Cleaning up the publication data
- Working to improve performance. Plan on increasing the database cache. So far we have increased the MySQL Query_cache_size to 64M. Do we need more? What's the cache size for other sites?
- Matt at UF: were looking at query_cache_size also – what is optimal (versus restarting Tomcat)?
- Tammy: Running the MySQLTuner script on our system, made the recommendation "Variables to adjust: query_cache_size (> 32M)". (Note that everybody's system may be different.)
- Updating to VIVO-compatible version of Profiles, but converting data is time consuming
- Available on campus
- Loading pub data in batches using Elements, faculty can edit changes and trigger individual refreshes from VIVO
- Jim working on building a non-Tomcat specific .WAR file, supporting both VIVO and Solr web apps
- DataStaR user interface test results being reviewed, also see http://datastar-test.library.cornell.edu/datastarimls/
- Minor release v1.1 of third tier build, releasing to v1.5.1 UCCS in production also new data with modified ingest Selenium script
- concerns about performance issues when there's a lot of simultaneous editing, which might have been addressed by Tim at Brown – try to get an update on this
- NYU –
- Johns Hopkins –
- Indiana --
- Brown –
Community approach to discussing new ideas
- Mailing list versus weekly calls versus Wiki versus JIRA versus IdeaScale (also GitHub repos, Issues, wikis, etc)
- Discuss ideas on mailing list and weekly calls?
- Todos and tasks on JIRA?
- Capture notes and research on wiki?
- Use IdeaScale's voting to prioritize? (you can also vote in JIRA)
- What path is available if you have a problem, and can start working on the solution? Is there a shortcut to contributing?
Notable development list traffic
- Check list traffic for last week
Topic: VIVO weekly call
Date: Every Thursday, no end date
Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 641 825 891
To join the online meeting
- Go to https://cornell.webex.com/cornell/e.php?AT=WMI&EventID=167096322&RT=MiM2
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- Click "Join".
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link: https://cornell.webex.com/cornell/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=167096322&tollFree=1
If those links don't work, please visit the Cornell meeting page and look for a VIVO meeting.
To join the audio conference only
- To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-855-244-8681
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3207
- Global call-in numbers: https://cornell.webex.com/cornelluniversity/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=161711167&tollFree=1
- Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
Access code:645 873 290