Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern time (GMT-5) – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com – and note that the U.S. is already on daylight savings time
These calls now use WebEx and have no limit on the number of attendees – see the "Call-in Information" at the bottom of this page.
- Brown – Load from banner system; list view config and ontology changes. Also loaded coauthors. Interface for faculty to approve publications that have been harvested.
- Colorado – Wrote out changes for VIVO Harvester; modified SPARQL translator to read in multiple models. Will document new classes.
- Cornell – List view review is completed; did not gain much from some minor changes. Continuing with changes to the VIVO Cornell home page. Knowledge share of multi-site search to prepare for updates.
- Duke –
- Florida –
- Indiana – Able to visualize the UFL data in the map of science; still working on timing issues. Looking at the times for the specific queries that are called. Will send some of the problematic queries to Brian L. at Cornell.
- Johns Hopkins – Continuing to identify hardware requirements viz the Harvester. Trying to harvest 9k publications from PubMed, which took approximately 16 hours.
- Memorial University –
- NYU –
- Scripps (Michaeleen) –
- New faculty often have publications in VIVO that pre-date their Scripps appointment. The publications affiliated with them as "Unknown Person" now need to appear on their new faculty profile pages. Working on how best to handle this: identifying duplicates prior to ingesting new records vs ingesting the duplicates then cleaning up.
- Grant ingest: Senior administration identified the scope of the project to ingest grant data from NIH Reporter. We're going to ingest the most recent 5 fiscal years and capture the following fields: grant awarded by (which NIH institute); PI name(s); title of grant; description (mult-paragraph text); grant number; start date; end date (for whole award period); direct funding amount; indirect funding amount; NIH ID number of PI; which campus received the award (CA vs FL)
- Stony Brook –
- UCLA –
- UCSF – OpenSocial: had been looking for a standard library to convert RDF into JSON and identified one. Also use an ingest tool to pull grant data from the NIH Reporter. Planning a workshop for the VIVO conference in August. Would like to be able to harvest multi-media content, which they have a lot of in their VIVO.
- WashU – Working on various things for the conference in August.
- Weill Cornell – No performance issues since the 15th. Will be doing inferencing after each harvest. One early harvester issue was caused by not declaring UTF-8. Ongoing performance testing to see if they can duplicate the error that caused the issue on the 15th. Looking into garbage collection.
2013 VIVO Conference – Workshops Proposals due March 29
- The 4th annual VIVO Conference will be held on August 14-16 in St. Louis
- The Call for Workshop Proposals is now out with a deadline to submit workshop proposals by March 29
- The Call for Papers should be out soon – stay tuned – the goal is to give paper and poster presenters early feedback on what has been accepted to help people make their travel plans
- topics you'd like to attend if somebody else organizes?
- Solr functionality in VIVO and how it supports not only search but display functionalities – and relates to caching
- (please add others)
2013 Implementation Fest – April 25-26 at CU Boulder
- Looking for some estimates of numbers – would be helpful to make sure we have sessions in the right rooms
- It would also be helpful to have feedback from people who can't attend but would join by video link – send an email to Jon (jc55 at cornell) to be added as a remote attendee so that you can indicate the sessions you want to attend on the sched.org site. We will need to know in advance the sessions needing WebEx or the H.323 bridge at Stony Brook.
- A community hands-on development day is planned as an optional additional activity on Saturday the 27th, e.g. working on internationalization
- We have interest from Costa Rica, Mexico, and France in principle – there's one room choice option that has H.323 videoconferencing
- Read the vivoweb.org blog entry, and the 2013 VIVO Implementation Fest page has information on transportation and hotels
- A registration page is now live – note that there is no registration fee for the workshop
- A DRAFT schedule is available for preview on sched.org (including for mobile view) and as a Google Doc
Notable implementation and development list traffic
- VIVO production specs at Ithaca (Robert)
- Brian Caruso provided an extensive reply, including hardware configs, Tomcat config, MySQL config, and VIVO config.
- Virtual appliance documentation (Nicholas)
I don't have permission to edit the wiki anymore since the move
Could someone edit the title to this page or make a new page with a redirect for the 1.4 virtual appliance?
Alex made the edits, Jon clarified how to get access to the wiki at VIVO#GettingInvolved
- Problem restarting Tomcat (Jianwei)
- Not enough memory in the JVM - changed the options in catalina.sh and this solved the problem.
- Conditional validation (Tom)
- I was wondering if there was a way to change which validation is run based on the submitting button on an EditConfigurationGenerator form?
- I basically have the situation where I've used a custom BaseEditSubmissionPreprocessorVTwo to allow the user to submit the edit and go forward to the created/linked object or backward to the subject. This is working fine, but the cancel link on the form calls the PostEditCleanupController directly, which doesn't call the preprocessor to set the correct entity URI to redirect to. One solution to this is to move the cancel link to a cancel button, but this, predictably, causes the FieldVTwo validation to fail.
- The other solution is to work out how to forcibly invoke the preprocessor, but this seems as though it would be a much bigger issue, so conditional validation seems the easier way to achieve the same effect.
- DocumentResource.java for Digital Vita (Tammy)
- Still looking for source code.
- Adding a field to the Solr index (Gawri)
- I need some help regarding solr index build. I added a new field called "APPROVED_RECORD" into schema.xml . Also I added following code lines into addObjectPropertyText() function in IndividualToSolrDocument.java file.
Any topics for special development calls?
E.g., Solr – overview of how VIVO uses Solr and walkthrough of how to modify the indexing; changing domain name and having solr index not break.
American Psychological Association has been working on RDF extraction from VIVO to JSON to support submission to ORCID via the ORCID api
Topic: VIVO weekly call
Date: Every Thursday, no end date
Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 641 825 891
To join the online meeting
If requested, enter your name and email address.
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link: https://cornell.webex.com/cornell/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=167096322&tollFree=1
If those links don't work, please visit the Cornell meeting page and look for a VIVO meeting.
To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-855-244-8681
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3207
Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
Access code:645 873 290
last meeting | next meeting