Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern time (GMT-5) – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com – and note that the U.S. is on daylight savings time.
Brown (Joe and Ted)
meetings to set a rollout date
looking into why Shib login hangs the entire VIVO application (not just the session for user logging in) -- Stephen suggested contact UF team who had similar issue, and Jim suggested looking at setting for scope of auth coverage (?)
Colorado (Stephen and Alex)
Stephen debugging VIVO inferencer taking a long time to run -- Jon suggested forwarding MySQL data to Brian Lowe
meetup with Patrick from RPI and Don (and 2 students) from LASP
Cornell (Jon and Jim)
Brian Caruso working on search indexing
Jim working on multi-site search
Met with Duke VIVO team for behind the scenes tour of Scholars@Duke, their VIVO widget and humanities work
Duke (Richard and Patrick)
getting ready with go live for Nursing, Engineering, Environment, Business schools -- 3 schools had info in prior system
handling MeSH terms now, looking into adding LoC subject heading terms -- Jon heard that Getty Museum might share art & architecture thesaurus as LOD - http://www.getty.edu/research/tools/vocabularies/Linked_Data_Getty_Vocabularies.pdf
RPI (Patrick West)
Our biggest issue right now is trying to assign a DOI to each new instance created (Person, Organization, Project, etc...) We can not find the one place in the VIVO code where we can add a call to a web service to pull back the new DOI (DCO-ID), and fill in part of the instance data for that new instance. We found one place, but it doesn’t cover it all.
Currently on VIVO 1.5
Will be attending VIVO Conference in St. Louis in August
Was volunteered to be on a panel during the conference
Met with some others in the Boulder area for our first VIVO User’s Group at Avery Brewery Tuesday evening, July 16, 2013
Stony Brook (Erich)
presentation and demo of WebID4VIVO beta
WebID W3C standard (formerly foaf+ssl)
W3C WebAccessControl Ontology
Web of Trust Ontology
Open Annotations Model
Linked Data Platform
demo: WebID login for VIVO and “manage my WebIDs” VIVO add-on functionality that allows for external WebIDs to be linked as well as VIVO WebIDs to be created (using HTML5 standard technology)
Erich shared the slide deck (attached WebID4VIVO.pptx) and will share video in near future
Virginia Tech (Keith)
Weill Cornell (Paul)
looking for input on ingesting data into multiple graphs using Harvester? -- Stephen indicates there is new code in Harvester develop branch to handle this... can use “input override” the model that is being used... Stephen will share a sample Harvester file... Stephen will follow up next week with message to list in time for VIVO call
working on a new Drupal app that infers UMLS expertise (using Stony Brook UMLS API and others) from various researcher profile sources including VIVO
Plum Analytics (Andrea)
exploring possible use of VIVO data -- related to altmetrics
testing solutions for migration of existing data into VIVO
VIVO 1.6 release code freeze has been delayed to allow for integration of the new Integrated Semantic Framework ontology and preparation and testing of the necessary data migrations. Stay tuned at our weekly meetings for updates.
VIVO Apps Contest
- Entries are due July 31 – see Call for Applications for more information
- Is anyone here submitting an entry? Does anyone want to collaborate on one?
VIVO 2013 Conference
- List of sessions and poster posted here (PDF)
- Register before July 19 for best rate and conference hotel availability
- Before July 19th (tomorrow) - $450
- July 20th – August 13th - $550
- Onsite - $600
- Conference hotel is Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark Hotel
- Click here to book your hotel room reservation.
- Wednesday night baseball game (Cardinals vs Pirates) and cold beer!
Notable implementation and development list issues
- RDF Graph for Oracle NoSQL Database Enterprise Edition (Alex)
- External authentication and multiple 'default' namespaces (Tom)
- Automating search index rebuilding (Giuseppe)
- Assigning a datatype property value when creating a new object (Boliang)
- New Github support for adding a license to a code repository (Alex)
- Importing CSV data using the Harvester through the VIVO interface (Veslava)
- Unresponsive when editing (Joe)
- See the vivo-dev-all archive and vivo-imp-issues archive for complete email threads
Date: Every Thursday, no end date
Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 641 825 891
To join the online meeting
- Go to https://cornell.webex.com/cornell/e.php?AT=WMI&EventID=167096322&RT=MiM2
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- Click "Join".
- To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link: https://cornell.webex.com/cornell/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=167096322&tollFree=1
- If those links don't work, please visit the Cornell meeting page and look for a VIVO meeting.
To join the audio conference only
- To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-855-244-8681
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3207
- Global call-in numbers: https://cornell.webex.com/cornelluniversity/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=161711167&tollFree=1
- Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
- Access code:645 873 290