Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern time (GMT-5) – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com – and note that the U.S. is on daylight savings time.

View and edit this page permanently at https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/n9EQAg, or use the temporal Google Doc for collaborative note taking during the call.

Updates

  • Brown (Joe and Ted)

    • meetings to set a rollout date

    • looking into why Shib login hangs the entire VIVO application (not just the session for user logging in) -- Stephen suggested contact UF team who had similar issue, and Jim suggested looking at setting for scope of auth coverage (?)

  • Colorado (Stephen and Alex)

    • Stephen debugging VIVO inferencer taking a long time to run -- Jon suggested forwarding MySQL data to Brian Lowe

    • meetup with Patrick from RPI and Don (and 2 students) from LASP

  • Cornell (Jon and Jim)

    • Brian Caruso working on search indexing

    • Jim working on multi-site search

    • Met with Duke VIVO team for behind the scenes tour of Scholars@Duke, their VIVO widget and humanities work

  • Duke (Richard and Patrick)

  • RPI (Patrick West)

    • Our biggest issue right now is trying to assign a DOI to each new instance created (Person, Organization, Project, etc...) We can not find the one place in the VIVO code where we can add a call to a web service to pull back the new DOI (DCO-ID), and fill in part of the instance data for that new instance. We found one place, but it doesn’t cover it all.

    • Currently on VIVO 1.5

    • Will be attending VIVO Conference in St. Louis in August

      • Was volunteered to be on a panel during the conference

    • Met with some others in the Boulder area for our first VIVO User’s Group at Avery Brewery Tuesday evening, July 16, 2013

  • Stony Brook (Erich)

    • presentation and demo of WebID4VIVO beta

      • WebID W3C standard (formerly foaf+ssl)

      • W3C WebAccessControl Ontology

      • Web of Trust Ontology

      • Open Annotations Model

      • Linked Data Platform

      • demo: WebID login for VIVO and “manage my WebIDs” VIVO add-on functionality that allows for external WebIDs to be linked as well as VIVO WebIDs to be created (using HTML5 standard technology)

    • Erich shared the slide deck (attached WebID4VIVO.pptxand will share video in near future

  • Virginia Tech (Keith)

  • Weill Cornell (Paul)

    • looking for input on ingesting data into multiple graphs using Harvester? -- Stephen indicates there is new code in Harvester develop branch to handle this... can use “input override” the model that is being used... Stephen will share a sample Harvester file... Stephen will follow up next week with message to list in time for VIVO call

    • working on a new Drupal app that infers UMLS expertise (using Stony Brook UMLS API and others) from various researcher profile sources including VIVO

  • Plum Analytics (Andrea)

    • exploring possible use of VIVO data -- related to altmetrics

  • Memorial (Max)

    • testing solutions for migration of existing data into VIVO

VIVO 1.6

  • VIVO 1.6 release code freeze has been delayed to allow for integration of the new Integrated Semantic Framework ontology and preparation and testing of the necessary data migrations. Stay tuned at our weekly meetings for updates.

  • See the VIVO 1.6 release planning or VIVO 1.6 JIRA issues and please comment

VIVO Apps Contest

  • Entries are due July 31 – see Call for Applications for more information
  • Is anyone here submitting an entry? Does anyone want to collaborate on one?

VIVO 2013 Conference

  • List of sessions and poster posted here (PDF)
  • Register before July 19 for best rate and conference hotel availability
  • Conference hotel is Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark Hotel
  • Wednesday night baseball game (Cardinals vs Pirates) and cold beer!

Notable implementation and development list issues

  • RDF Graph for Oracle NoSQL Database Enterprise Edition (Alex)
  • External authentication and multiple 'default' namespaces (Tom)
  • Automating search index rebuilding (Giuseppe)
  • Assigning a datatype property value when creating a new object (Boliang)
  • New Github support for adding a license to a code repository (Alex)
  • Importing CSV data using the Harvester through the VIVO interface (Veslava)
  • Unresponsive when editing (Joe)
  • See the vivo-dev-all archive and vivo-imp-issues archive for complete email threads

Call-in Information

Date: Every Thursday, no end date

Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)

Meeting Number: 641 825 891

To join the online meeting

To join the audio conference only

  • No labels