Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern time (GMT–4 in daylight savings, GMT-5 standard time) – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com
- VIVO 1.6 Released!
- Apps and Tools Working Group
- Chris Barnes records the Apps & Tools call for viewing asynchronously – check for the latest recording.
- Upcoming Events
- Duke will be hosting the 2014 VIVO Implementation Fest from March 19-21, with a hackathon starting Tuesday the 18th – reserve your hotel room today and stay tuned for more information in coming weeks
- Chris Barnes is soliciting input on possible development projects for the hackathon
group of 70 faculty are reviewing profiles, testing editing and completing a survey. Review period ends this week.
disambiguating journal names from CV data in preparation for loading medical school publications
Colorado (Stephen & Alex)
Found an issue related to running Harvester, where Unicode data was being translated by JDBC, and were not persisted in MySQL as UTF8
Working on Harvester 1.6-related upgrades
Cornell (Jim, Brian, Tim)
Continuing to document the release.
Ingesting data from legacy faculty system and finish work on artistic works app (part of their ingest application that’s built in Ruby on Rails)
EPA (Laura, Zac)
Planning to upgrade to 1.6 after the holidays -- dev instance looks good!
Stuck on some ingest hurdles -- Stephen thinks the Diff example might be old
Planning to demo their VIVO/CKAN integration on our Jan 16th call
Dev install of VIVO 1.6, examining main data categories in VIVO ontology for faculty profiles, interested in web services. Trying to use MS SQL Server as relational backend for Jena.
Two devs running into an error signing up for DuraSpace accounts
- Stony Brook (Tammy)
- Tammy running through a 1.6 install.
Notable list traffic
- Installation Documentation for version 1.6?
custom vivo queries & pubmed harvesting
- Stephen: PubMed will reply back to this thread --Current Harvester release won’t work with 1.6 ontology yet
VIVO Apps and Tools Call #9
MySQL queries on a VIVO database
Ordering presentation participants
- Date: Every Thursday, no end date
- Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
- Meeting Number: 641 825 891
To join the online meeting
- Go to https://cornell.webex.com/cornell/e.php?AT=WMI&EventID=167096322&RT=MiM2
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- Click "Join".
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link: https://cornell.webex.com/cornell/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=167096322&tollFree=1
To join the audio conference only
- To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-855-244-8681
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3207
- Global call-in numbers: https://cornell.webex.com/cornelluniversity/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=161711167&tollFree=1
- Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
- Access code:645 873 290