Link to temporal Google doc for meeting notes: http://goo.gl/ZXvJ4K
Apps & Tools Working Group: next call September 23 at 1pm ET
Ontology Working Group: next call October 7 at 1pm ET
On the Tuesdays when there is not a call, there will be Ontology Office Hours using the same call-in information as the main Ontology calls
VIVO Hackathon: October 13-15
- Where: Mann Library, Cornell University, Ithaca NY 14853
- Who: Anyone interested in participating and hopefully contributing to the development, documentation, or testing of VIVO software, the VIVO-ISF ontology, or apps & tools to produce, visualize, or leverage VIVO data
- Cost: No registration fee. You pay your travel, hotel, and meals. We provide space, access to Cornell VIVO developers, and refreshments.
Tracks/topics discussed at https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/Z4arAw
Theme: VIVO Visualization Working Group?
High level questions
- How should VIVO be updated in such a way to allow developers to more readily develop and integrate visualizations?
- Do visualizations belong in the core?
- How might the VIVO community be involved, to reduce cost of initial development and of long term maintenance?
- Can we build a working group to do this soon?
- Can we clarify what people working on the core need to do to support a visualization effort -- how would this fit with priorities for core development?
- How to facilitate visualization development without requiring Java development expertise?
- Which technologies are best-suited and most versatile for creating visualizations within VIVO?
- Existing visualization libraries
- OpenSocial, other?
- What is the best process by which new visualizations would be decided upon?
- Which visualizations and what use cases do they address?
- Suggestion to maintain 4-5 visualizations in the core VIVO source code
- Defining a framework to easily add more visualizations to the core
- Can we tackle this work collaboratively, to reduce cost and increase sustainability?
Action items to keep this moving?
- Define a charter -- how to we know when we’ve succeeded?
- Identifying (or recruiting) the initial working group
- Selecting up a regular time to meet
Notable List Traffic
Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern time – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com
- Date: Every Thursday, no end date
- Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
- Meeting Number: 641 825 891
To join the online meeting
- Go to https://cornell.webex.com/cornell/e.php?AT=WMI&EventID=167096322&RT=MiM2
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- Click "Join".
1. Call in to the meeting:
1-855-244-8681 (Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada))
1-650-479-3207 (Call-in toll number (US/Canada))
2. Enter the access code:
641 825 891 #
3. Enter your Attendee ID: