- Huda Khan (probably part of the time)
- Jim Blake (20 hrs/wk)
- Andrew Woods
- Kitio Fofack
- Mike Conlon
- Don Elsborg
- Benjamin Gross
- Multi-language Support
- Elastic Search
- Depth on Capability Map
Integrated elastic index in VIVO to support facetview UI used by Unavco, CU Boulder, DCO
Brings index work from Product Evolution group closer to the VIVO core
Deliver more structured and rich json and eventually json-ld documents from VIVO's indexes for web consumers
Decompose the task into smaller sections and focus on what can be achieved in two weeks time.
- Team: Benjamin Gross (Clarivate), Jim Blake (Cornell), Don Elsborg ( CU Boulder )
1) Discuss/analyze the Elastic search work done by individual sites.
2) Based on 1, implement current vitro search functionality in Elastic
3) Create instructions on how to make YOUR VIVO installation work with Elastic (on the assumption that Solr will still be the default).
4) analyze how to build a nested json-doc that represents an object ( person, publication, grant, etc ) in the index ( both SOLR or Elastic )
5) lay groundwork for analysis of incorporating semantics ( json-ld, other ) in the indexed document. Mapping the objects from VIVO-ISF to an indexed semantic document would need to involve the ontology group
Implement full i18n proof on concept on a simple form. The form should be able to display data accoring to the selected language but also to save them in the database in respect to the language currently selected.
Depth on Capability Map
The idea is to implement the depth notion on capability graph. Using this feature a user should be able to discover the graph from an research area centric view.